Moultrie Mobile
Macomb Turkey hunting
Michigan
Contributors to this thread:
Newtype248 28-Apr-20
WhitetailGRIT 31-Jul-20
28-Apr-20
Hey everybody. I just moved to Shelby township in Macomb and was wondering about turkey in the area. I’ve looked up chesterfield state game area and wetzel game area. Both are relatively close but are they any good for turkey? Any insight would be appreciated. Possible deer hunts as well. Let me know if they’re a waste of time or one better than other. Thanks!

31-Jul-20
Hey buddy, I’m new to this forum and seen this question. I live in Macomb and have hunted both for Turkey and Deer. Wetzel is better of the two bc their is more land and you have a better chance of avoiding the pressure. Not easy to do in either of the two spots though. A lot of small game hunting going on at Wetzel. I have either had my hunts disrupted by bird hunters and their dogs or have run into hunters because the areas can get a lot of pressure. It’s still fun to get out there and put in the time though. The deer are out there. My brother and I were on a Tom in the fall, but he would fly down into private and we could not get him to work towards us.

• Sitka Gear