horsethief51 18-May-20
Rut Nut 19-May-20
horsethief51 21-May-20
horsethief51 21-May-20
Rut Nut 22-May-20
horsethief51 22-May-20
29-Apr-20
No my broadhead is not backwards. >>>>---------<

Who's ready for Saturday. I got 3 spots pick out. Going to my favorite spot first. Hope to have my blind set and be ready by 5:15 I actually have the spot I plan to put my blind already cleared out.. Other 2 spots are more of areas. Ed

29-Apr-20
Plan to set up a couple blinds if I get a chance in between rain drops tomorrow. Supposed to be nice here Saturday so any spot will do.

30-Apr-20
Did a little stump hunting yesterday and walked over a knoll and there was a long beard and two hens feeding. Took them a couple of minutes to see me and I'm wearing a orange shirt. Probably won't happen Saturday. Best of luck to all.

01-May-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I Thought May 2nd would NEVER get here! ;-)

Here’s a little something to put things in perspective:

02-May-20

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Well today started out good. Heard a few gobbles right at Daybreak. Then it got quite. At 830 I started to hear birds out about 150 yds. I gave a few soft yeps and bang right back at me. For the next 30 or 40 minutes we chatted. Then I saw them and it was 3, all about the same size. The lead bird kept fanning out but they didn't gobble once they saw my setup. I had a Jake and a hen decoy setup about 10yds from my blind. The 3 of them at first started to come towards my decoys but they slowly walked toward the back side of my blind. As they were doing toward the back I opened up a back window and closed one of the front. I use a old double bull t5 with 2 vertical side windows in each wall. Wish I could find another blind like this one. The lead bird stop right after passing a big hemlock tree and stopped 19.5 yds. I drew back settle my 20-yard PIN right up the leg, check my sight level and touched my release. I could hear it was and looked good. Bird flew and settled in a little depression where I couldnt see him. But I was pretty sure it was a good hit. The other two birds started to punt and walked in the direction he flew and they hung around by him for about 30 minutes and walked away. Bow is a strothers rush XT pulling 68-29, shooting a victory vforce v3, tipped with a Crimson Talent battle-axe expandable. Arrow passed thru and was about 5 yds passed where I hit the bird.

02-May-20
Way to go, Ed. Congrats!!

02-May-20
Congratulations Ed!

02-May-20
Great sorry....congrats!

03-May-20
Good job Ed. Nate and I saw 19 birds, mostly jakes and a few hens. Had a couple in range but chose to pass. Saw a coyote first though at about 150 yards. Beautiful morning. Lots of gobbling until 8:30. 2 does followed 10 jakes into the field and it was pretty neat watching them check each other out.

03-May-20
Good job Ed! Great morning!

Sounds like you had one too, Art!

My neck/shoulder issue flared up last week, so didn’t make it out yesterday. Hoping it calms down so I can get out tomorrow- got the whole week off.

03-May-20

horsethief51 's embedded Photo

03-May-20

04-May-20
Congrats Teeton. See if I can get those pics flipped around.

04-May-20

Jethro's embedded Photo
Jethro's embedded Photo

04-May-20

Jethro's embedded Photo
Jethro's embedded Photo

04-May-20
Had a jake at 15 yards at 7 AM.

05-May-20
Congratulations Ed.

Every early gobble had a shotgun near by on Saturday:( Went to my back up area, if to many hunters are out and it's hard to access, evidently to hard for the turkeys:( Monday seen a nice longbeard with seven hens, he's not co-operating yet

05-May-20
Watched a long beard for over 2 hours strutting with a hen this morning. They ignored me.

05-May-20
Thanks, Jethro For some reason it will not let me post pitchers upright. Nor will it let me straighten them out. I've tried in the past. Again Thanks.

I can't wait to get out again Saturday. I almost forgot to get my other turkey tag. Good luck to all. Ed

05-May-20
Thanks for the nice words everyone. Ed

06-May-20
Great job Ed. Congrats!

06-May-20
I did not go out in the rain to hunt this morning but when I went to town I saw a gobbler strutting about 150 yards from the house. Frost in the forcast for tomorrow morning.

06-May-20
Taking grandson Jimmy out in the AM, and it will be his first hunt. We are already excited!

07-May-20
Another fun morning. 4 hens and 1 jake was the count observed. 45 yards was it. We did have a little frost. It seemed like it was raining inside the blind after the sun hit me.

08-May-20
And it is snowing now. Tomorrow should be interresting.

09-May-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Never thought I would need my snow camo for the second week of Spring Gobbler! ;-)

13-May-20
Cold and clear this morning and lots of gobbling going on. Had a couple single hens come into the field early on. Saw a group of 3 does and later a group of 3 bucks, one with quite nice antlers for this time of year. About 8, 4 single hens joined up then went back into the woods, only to emerge with the gobler I had been talking to. No reason for him to leave them I guess.

13-May-20
Hopefully we can coax a few in later in the season when the hens are nesting, Art. ;-)

18-May-20

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo

18-May-20
Nice! Great pic too!

18-May-20
Congratulations.

18-May-20
Nice. Check back there for mushrooms later.

19-May-20
Congrats Gene!

21-May-20
Saw a nice one yesterday. It walked past the spot I was sitting in on Saturday at 20 yards. Then it spent an hour in the woods 150 yards away from me with a hen.

21-May-20
Went to the spot this morning and a couple toms were roosted down low a couple hundred yards below me. They flew down into the bottom of the hollow and carried on for a couple hours before going up onto the sunny side of the other hill away from me. Too windy again.

22-May-20
Sounds like you're having a lot of action, Art. Hope next week is more of the same! ;-)

22-May-20
Hope it doesn't rain so much. I did see a couple single birds out on my drive home from Butler a little while ago.

• Sitka Gear