t-roy 04-Jun-20
Shawn 08-Jun-20
Matte 08-Jun-20
Trebarker 09-Jun-20
One Arrow 11-Jun-20
be still 11-Jun-20
sitO 15-Jun-20
06-May-20
Just wondering if anybody has seen fawns up there yet...talked to a guy down here and his wife has already been seeing them the other day. He thought they were born sometime in April which I think is awful early. Usually the rut down here is right before thanksgiving....if my math is right this shows some of the breeding was done around end of September into first part of October. Heard some of ya'll thought the rut was super early up there last season and I didn't really believe it but maybe some of it was.

06-May-20
Haven't seen any, haven't checked cameras recently. The age structure is all over the place around here. I didn't find scrapes nor rubs until well into Nov last year, really saw very little rut activity then.

06-May-20
The last year I seen a really hard rut was year 2014....that year in November it seemed like every time I hit the horns together I had bucks come running in. By the middle of December of that year I would guess that 95 percent of the bucks was broken up and tore up bad. Not just a few tines broken but some with both sides knocked off close to the base and some with whole sides missing....and a lot with half beams gone...you could tell they had just went through a season of all out war. Next year was complete opposite...don't think we rattled in one deer and in December hardly no racks were broken at all.

06-May-20
Does are really showing, but no fawns.

07-May-20
Funny but, 2014 was a good year for rattling for me also. Never figure these deer out. That’s what makes it so much fun.

07-May-20
I know that's right Slate...that's good to know that year was good for you as well. Since that was before I started hunting Kansas I always wondered if it was good in other states as well that year. Was you in Kansas that year? where we were hunting then was in northwest texas. Also hunted Missouri that year and I remember getting one but I didn't rattled him in and can't remember if I rattled much that year up there.

07-May-20

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Yes it was Kansas. It was crazy that year for me with rattling. 2016 was ok but young bucks and I passed up shooting any of them. Haven’t had much success rattling since.

07-May-20
I usually have cameras out and fawns don't show up until late May. Most does still show pregnancy until then or early June. I believe most breeding takes place around mid November. I believe most gestation times are near 200 days. This corresponds to a late May birth. However, does are individuals and I have seen small spotted fawns in November. These small fawns were with mature does, not does having fawns for the first time.

07-May-20
That deer right there looked he wanted up in the tree with you.....yeah usually that's about when most our fawns hit the ground as well.

24-May-20

5ks's embedded Photo
5ks's embedded Photo
Today Linn county

24-May-20

Catscratch's embedded Photo
I found twins on the highway a couple of days ago.

I see rutting in December most years.

24-May-20
Hate to see them not make it...like the first pic better

24-May-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
The wife found this little guy last week while mushroom hunting. She found a set of twins the day before that. She’s almost found more fawns this spring than mushrooms!

24-May-20

24-May-20
Pretty cool Troy

24-May-20

A fawn pic from last year. I know it's not exactly on topic with this thread (for this year's fawns), but one of my favorite pics anyhow.

24-May-20
Now that's a cool pic!

24-May-20

5ks's embedded Photo
5ks's embedded Photo
I saw these crossing the road. Their legs were a bit wobbly

24-May-20

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Yeah Jason that’s an awesome picture. I raised 6 fawns some time ago

25-May-20
Had planned on checking my cameras this morning but it's raining so it will have to wait.

A friend had a doe deliver a fawn right by her house last weekend, it had been raining and flooding in the area near her home.

25-May-20
Saw one come out of the cover crop this evening at our farm.

Getting along pretty well so I’d guess two weeks old.

25-May-20
so for the fawns being born in the middle of May...for those does it was happening toward the end of October right?

26-May-20
I saw my first Fawn (nursing on it's mom) on the evening of the 21st. I am still seeing does that are obviously still pregnant.

26-May-20

cherney12's embedded Photo
cherney12's embedded Photo
Saw a set of twins acting strange.

26-May-20
Lol

03-Jun-20

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo

03-Jun-20
Cherney, that might be the funniest thing I've seen all year... LOL!!

03-Jun-20
Found this little rascal lying at the base of the tree to one of my best stands, while I was spraying yesterday.....I think it’s an omen!

Probably gonna grow up to be a loudmouth, paranoid doe, that stands just outside of range and blows constantly, every time that I sit in that stand :-/

03-Jun-20

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo

04-Jun-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I’ll try it this way.

08-Jun-20
Here in NY they have been dropping like mad the last week. My Kansas bud said the same for NW Kansas. Shawn

08-Jun-20

Matte's Link
Did you guys see the video yet ? A skunk attacking a fawn

09-Jun-20
I would have risked getting sprayed! Never knew a skunk to do that

11-Jun-20
I’ve now killed 3 fawns in 3 consecutive years on the farm. Weeds are so tall this year with all the rain, a lot of fawns are being born/hidden in Ag fields.

I never get over it.

11-Jun-20
I nearly hit 2 of them as they were crossing the road on my way earlier. If they do much more of that they ain't going to make it.

15-Jun-20

• Sitka Gear