be still 16-May-20
Matte 17-May-20
writer 17-May-20
ksq232 17-May-20
ksq232 17-May-20
be still 17-May-20
Matte 17-May-20
12-May-20
Anyone know when the draw results will be posted?

12-May-20
Yes

12-May-20

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo

12-May-20
I guess I will continue the theme of my predecessors....yes Colorado big game species draw results are first week of June.

13-May-20
Lol are you talking about Kansas Mailmain?

14-May-20
Yep??

14-May-20
End of May

14-May-20
Sometimes I don't get mine until June. If this happens to be your first time hunting in Kansas the state welcomes you with open arms...the hunters are so kind up there its unbelievable.

14-May-20
Thanks. We’ve been coming every other year since 2016. I couldn’t remember when we’d get our notifications. This corona has me antsy, wanting some good news. Lol

14-May-20
Yeah I'm already looking forward to this coming season as well. I've hunted eastern Oklahoma and southern Missouri some but never Arkansas. Thought I heard ya'll had some decent deer on the eastern side.

15-May-20
Yeah I love Kansas and yes the people are great. I have a spring trip planned to check and reset cameras, move a couple of stands and visit with friends. Supposed to be flying today but had to move it to late June.

15-May-20
I was hoping to go there this month but I don't think I'm going to find time...it might be late august or 1st part of September before I go back.

16-May-20
Getting to be too many NR's, I love Kansas but to see an article posted that is the number 1 DYI destination, I had to laugh. Maybe 15 years ago but the last year I hunted there publiuc was over run with people. I will be back next year but if I did not have private ground I may not go at all. I have always heard of my results by 1st week of June. Shawn

16-May-20
Last year the public ground was crowded....i hunted it a little and I seen a lot more people than usual. Yeah I might would have to think about it if I didn't have private ground as well.

17-May-20
It will be interesting to see application stats. Also WIHA is getting effected more each year due to all the Wind Farms going up. Private ground last year for me was a wash. 580 acres of perfect habitat 200 acres of woods, 200 acres of Crp and Plum thickets, mile worth of river, mixed soybean, corn and wheat made up the rest. Place holds about 35 does. Ran cameras all season and had one 130ish 8 point my son shot. Nothing more and by the third day of rifle season all bucks had disappeared. So don't bank on private it doesn't always play out magically.

17-May-20
No real drop in applications this year.

17-May-20
This has been an interesting read, to see some of the regular non-res on here mention the uptick on public as well. I know the public around us in SEK gets pounded by Wichita and non-res hunters alike. I wasn’t sure it was the same elsewhere too, seems like it is.

17-May-20
Michael, I didn’t expect applications to drop, the question will be if hunters are actually coming this fall. We’re all hoping and/or praying the virus doesn’t rear its ugly head this fall; like the Spanish flu did a hundred years ago.

17-May-20
Dang Matt I sure hope your place gets better in the future. Sounds like you have a dream place...I can't understand why it wasn't better unless you have too much pressure around you shooting them all up.

17-May-20
I was once given a hard time about having Sedgwick County Plates by a farmer friend. He goes SG plates don't know if I should let you hunt. My reply was, "Try having ground there" he laughed and pointed me in the right direction.

• Sitka Gear