Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
sammyboi 19-May-20
EmbryOklahoma 19-May-20
Lost Arra 20-May-20
BigOk 26-May-20
12ringman 03-Jul-20
19-May-20
We just picked up a lease in Hughes county near Lamar right on the canadien river... just want to ask and see if anyone has any experience in the area and if so what type of deer (numbers and score wise) can you expect to see?

19-May-20
It's a great area! Hughes county is also well known for non-typicals too. I've hunted further East than you, but have seen a lot of bucks that come from Hughes county. Some gaggers too! You guys manage it right, you can kill a 135"+ buck on a yearly basis. Best of luck!

Also... just a few miles South of Horntown is a great processor... Brown's processing. Good people and do really clean work. I've taken my deer to them for many years. Just try not to take a deer to them on the weekends of Gun season (they get full fast) and some years, he gets slammed during the weekends of Muzzleoader.

20-May-20
One of the few counties with no Covid cases. I would be telling my wife the lease price was well worth it just for peace of mind! :-)

26-May-20
Embry is correct. I hunted just north of Lamar years ago. The property owner had taken some rather large and a few non typical bucks. The area we hunted was thick and rough but they also owned property along the river and said the deer numbers there were a lot better.

03-Jul-20

12ringman's embedded Photo
142" 8 point.
12ringman's embedded Photo
142" 8 point.
I've harvested 3 cy curtis bucks in hughes county. Great place (Lamar) but you've got to let the 120's pass to get the bigger bucks.

• Sitka Gear