Bodyman 18-Jun-20
Kansasclipper 19-Jun-20
writer 19-Jun-20
keepemsharp 19-Jun-20
sitO 19-Jun-20
crestedbutte 19-Jun-20
Catscratch 19-Jun-20
20-May-20
Well dang it third year in a row my had not drawn a Mule Deer tag. He called today 1-888-447-5594 on the early info line.

20-May-20
Just called and I drew my 3rd mule deer stamp in a row.

20-May-20
That's awesome, my buddy doesn't mind as he hunts all over and has many 230"+ Muleys he just won't come out for Whitetail here much anymore.

21-May-20
The nice lady in Pratt told me that they hope to have results tomorrow if not it will be early next week. If early next week I'm assuming Tuesday as Monday is a Holiday.

Good luck to all those that applied!

21-May-20
Just rec’d email confirmation that we were successful!!!!

21-May-20
I have a couple buddies who got confirmation today that they drew. Mine still says "entered" vs "active".

21-May-20
Got my email, in along with Wyoming!

21-May-20
1 buddy got a email several other and me nothing yet

21-May-20
Just got my email. All good. I’m a happy man

21-May-20
Email just received ! Me and my buddy will be back again !

21-May-20
This was my first time applying in Kansas, my results say "Active" in green and my buddies who applied says "entered" in gray. I'm guessing I drew and he did not?? Wish it just said "successful" or "unsuccessful" :)

21-May-20
Drew a muley stamp again! That and a WY elk tag. It's been a good day!

21-May-20
Jensbear- Your buddy isn't out yet. That "entered" just means they haven't sent him the results yet. I think it will say "not awarded" if he doesn't draw.

21-May-20
Quinn is correct. Your buddy can still draw. It usually takes a few days to notify everyone. I didn't draw last year and it was orange and said "not awarded."

22-May-20
We received emails yesterday afternoon, advising we had drawn tags.

22-May-20
My son and 13 year old grandson drew. I grew up in Kansas and bought a lifetime the first year you could, so I still buy resident tags. One of the greatest buys I every made.

22-May-20
Me and my buddy drew for 15. Love my second home in Kansas!

22-May-20
Nice Eric good news

22-May-20
Got the email, I drew. Thanks for info guys.

22-May-20
Got my email about midnight last night, I'm heading back to Kansas!

22-May-20
Better question, was anyone unsuccessful?

22-May-20

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
DEAR JOHN LETTER
DEAR JOHN LETTER
50/50 for my two buddies (from Mass) that hunt whitetail with me...one guy drew and one guy didn’t. The guy that didn’t had drawn 3 straight years? See pic of his “unsuccessful” notification.

22-May-20
I’ve seen a few others reporting bad luck as well since I typed that. Must be guys keying on a specific unit with private access.

22-May-20
What unit was that Crestedbutte.

22-May-20
KB...correct. My two buddies have access on my Unit 12 & 14 private properties that I have been hunting since 2003. The one guy that was unsuccessful is beside himself right now. Of the two, he's come to KS the most years and has truly fallen in love with the people, quality of deer and country we hunt. He obsesses over this hunt and uses the majority of his available vacation each year to bowhunt with me during the first 3 weeks of Nov. I feel bad for him right now as he is a good friend and I really enjoy his hunting companionship. Oh well...as they say there is always next year!

23-May-20
Talked to my buddy today. Since he had to buy a hunting license with his NR deer application he is going to come to KS anyway for first 3 weeks of Nov. and hunt coyotes and then about mid-Nov. transition to upland and waterfowl.

That should keep him busy. I guess all isn’t lost and he will get his KS fix for the year!

23-May-20
Good for him. Kansas is pretty special. He gets to do some hunting and spend time with friends and enjoy your guys hunts.

25-May-20
After being unsuccessful in the draw last year, I was selected for unit 12 and 14 this year. Looking forward to great deer hunting Kansas has to offer.

25-May-20
For the first time in many, many years, I was unsuccessful. I sorta thought it would happen at some point. Its OK I'll be happy admiring the skins I have from KS until my next chance to hunt there in 2021. Have a good season boys, I'll be hunting solely in Texas in 2020

26-May-20
I was also unsuccessful for the first time. Does anyone know how they handle the refunds? I haven't been refunded directly to my account. Do they mail a physical check?

28-May-20
No leftovers once again.

28-May-20
Kaleb, was info on total # of 2020 NR applicants also available?

28-May-20
No, I don’t see the complete breakdown yet.

01-Jun-20

Yipppeeeee! Oct. 24-Nov. 1 CO Units 54, 55, 551. Now just need to draw CO Unit 55 mule deer later this week and I’ll be set. Good Luck to others awaiting the news.

01-Jun-20
Nearly impossible to get in on the leftover draw in CO. Good area to get a big bear though.

01-Jun-20
Congrats! Is that a second rifle season bear tag? If we don't get a bunch of early snow those bears will still be roaming looking for their last meal. Good luck on your hunt. Hope you draw a muley tag. Should find out tomorrow.

01-Jun-20
Quinn...Yes...but I will be bowhunting both species (that is...as long as I draw mule deer tag too). My two buddy’s from Texico that hunt with me don’t bowhunt so in order to hunt with them we apply as a group for 2nd season rifle.

Over the last few years I’ve been seeing more and more bears a few hundred feet above my 9,400 elev. Unit 55 cabin. Three years ago we set up a mule deer spike camp up in a basin (10,600-11,200 elev.) about 1 mile above/behind the cabin for the majority of the 9 day 2nd season and at mid-day on day two (while rendezvousing at camp for lunch) we had a big cinnamon colored bear walk down a game trail that was 40 yds from our camp and not a single one of us had a bear tag.

I told myself, next time I will have a bear tag In my pocket....which probably means I won’t see one all week while hunting, HA! So, I guess we’ll see how it goes?

02-Jun-20
Crested,

A bear tag is the best insurance against seeing a bear. LOL. Good luck!

02-Jun-20

Thornton's embedded Photo
A guide I used to hunt with shot this giant a few years ago in Western CO over a water hole. 2nd really big one hes killed out there.

02-Jun-20
Wow! I truly hope I don’t see one quite that big. Might be too afraid to poke him to make sure he’s dead!

04-Jun-20

Looks like I'm hunting mulies in Idaho and Colorado this year. All those miles and I probably won't see one as big as that 200" I saw bird hunting last year out west..

04-Jun-20
You are probably correct.

04-Jun-20
Good luck Jason's!

06-Jun-20
I've got a couple big ones in mind we saw last year while elk hunting. They were smart and hung out on a rock ledge on the border of public and private out of sight above a busy highway. I'd see them for just a few seconds when I came down off the meadow from the top. Out of the 20 other hunters in the area, only one guy admitted had seen one. The Hell's Canyon expedition is going to be a whole different experience though..

18-Jun-20
Spoke with a buddy today in the know. He said the department will soon be cracking down on non-resident landowners purchasing landowner/tenant tags. If you have purchased those tags in the past or plan to this year, you must be able to prove with your tax returns that you have made a profit from your ground. If you cannot, you’re breaking the law. He said the fines will be more than substantial. I’ve been waiting forever for them to begin the crackdown on this.

18-Jun-20
Get'm!

18-Jun-20
KSQ32, there's guys on here (not say'in who) that think cutting wood, leasing, or doing a few day's work for a rancher constitutes the privilege of a landowner tag.

18-Jun-20
How can you ask some one for tax returns in November six month’s before taxes are filed !!!

18-Jun-20
How can you ask some one for tax returns in November six month’s before taxes are filed !!!

18-Jun-20
Thorton I would love to meet you

18-Jun-20
Those tags, whether resident or non resident, should be required to be purchased at the county courthouse or KDWPT Offices. You can't have an 18 year old kid at Wal-Mart who has no idea what requirements need to be met in order to purchase such a tag taking care of purchasers. I think all tags should be sold by KDWPT Offices or the local courthouse. This simple requirement would cut down on tag fraud. This stuff is really simple and only requires common sense.

18-Jun-20
I think a lot of guys on here need to move to chaz you’d be happier

18-Jun-20
Clip we put in for those tags fifteen yeas ago not to cheat or commit fraud we called Pratt and did exactly what they said to do and what they told us was totally wrong NOT OUR FAULT , THORTON YOU PRI$$

18-Jun-20
Thorton get you crap straight my buddy Owns the land we don’t lease you’re such a ass wipe

18-Jun-20
Jeff for the win

18-Jun-20
Your correct Sito it wasent made clear to us we would never break the law to kill a damn deer we thought we had a in like any other hunter would do I don’t care about killing a deer to break the law

18-Jun-20
If you don’t mind me asking what do you do Kyle to be able to afford to hunt and fish nine months out of the year . Most hunters and fishermen hunt and fish weekends not every darn day of every month

18-Jun-20
Sito I just can't figure out why it isn't done this way. Maybe KDWPT figures they won't sell as many tags if they take on the responsibility or give the responsibility to the county courthouse. Maybe they don't want the burden of selling all the tags themselves. Regardless, I think this is something that the KBA could make an agenda of and get it accomplished. It would be a great way to verify who is buying what tags. The game warden here had a long list of suspected fraudulent tags last season. They even had something about it on there facebook page last year. Most retailers have little or no training in selling tags nor do they care who buys what.

18-Jun-20
The downfall of hunting and fishing RICH PEOPLE

18-Jun-20
Just got my tag in the mail today.

18-Jun-20
Good to see that social influencer gig is paying off for you, sitO! ;-)

18-Jun-20
Nice T-roy but I gave up influencing when I realized all I was inspiring were more drunks.

Jeff, I can hardly get folks to join the KBA or P&Y if I pay for it...explain that? Apathy is the way of the world these days.

18-Jun-20
Bodyman, it would be last year’s tag that a person would be fined for. To be fair, I’m willing to bet there are a large number of residents that wrongly buy that tag too. It’s a huge cash cow in the form of fines if the state would just get after it and nail the people breaking the law! I get so frustrated when thinking about it.

18-Jun-20
Answer the question Kyle where’s all your money come from you’re not a regular hunter

18-Jun-20
Kyle i always had respect for you till now you don’t know me have never met me I have never judged you like that I guess it makes you fill bigger

18-Jun-20
I only belong to one hunting organization now, and I am questioning that. Pheasants Forever and I have seen no benefit other than a magazine and a free knife. Been a member since 1998 or so.

18-Jun-20
James in answer to you’re question my best friend who’s dad at the time had owned the land for twenty years said we could buy a tenant tag we called Pratt They told us how to put in for it we did that year for the first time in twenty years a game warden showed up out of now where that’s how it happened ask for tax returnes in nov it was a total set up

18-Jun-20
Frank, did I say something to offend you? If so I'm not sure what or how...I have zero disdain for you brother

18-Jun-20
B S brother

18-Jun-20
Who are you calling a Drunk Brother

18-Jun-20
Frank, I'm saying that because I drink I've influenced others to drink.

Slow your roll or I'm coming down there to Sedan, buying three packs of Ray-o-vak batteries at the Dollar Store and puttin'm in your Tasco trail cams!

18-Jun-20
I have no cameras no feeders you can spend you’re time some where else Kyle Thanks Though

18-Jun-20
I don’t need you to police me

18-Jun-20
Frank, it's sometimes hard to understand my humor. I will say again, I wasn't referring to you above...take it or leave it buddy

18-Jun-20
I’ll meet you on top of the store in nov lol

18-Jun-20
James thanks for the response I would never break the law to kill a deer it cost me and my buddy three thousand dollars for me to kill a nine point and I paid the money to federal at arirzona I think been to long ago . I do know I’ll never buy another

18-Jun-20
And James it was the same year we put in for that they showed up not the next year

18-Jun-20
Also they came to okla and took my deer

18-Jun-20
Kyle I love u man take care of Dad

18-Jun-20
I understand what you’re saying bodyman, but there are a number of people out there knowingly breaking the law. They aren’t just trying to save money, they are trying to avoid the possibility of not getting drawn.

18-Jun-20
Thanks James

18-Jun-20
Bodyman....where is chaz? I find your story interesting. Who came to Okla to confiscate your illegally taken deer? Did they pin violation of the Lacey Act on you? Was the $3K you had to pay associated with civil or criminal charges or combo of both? Was deer head the only thing confiscated? Thx

18-Jun-20
It was Lacey act a took whole deer they also said and so did k.s. I could continue to hunt the rest of the year

19-Jun-20
Crested you really don't know where "Chaz" is? Obviously not a Seahawk fan are you!

19-Jun-20
How about we take up a collection and send Sito to "Chaz?" I'm sure he'd find it interesting!

19-Jun-20
Sito would set up a kiosk and make a bundle.

19-Jun-20
Now wait a minute

19-Jun-20
Clipper/Bodyman....."Chaz"....I feel dumb. I knew about the movement...just not the reference. I purposefully try not to watch much news on TV or Social Media. Keeps my mind a little clearer and un-cluttered that way. However, not as much as during Nov. rut while pulling off multiple all-day sits in the deer stand. Seahawks fan...Nope!

19-Jun-20
I had to look it up too. Knew about the takeover but didn't know the reference.

I haven't been to a lot of games in Arrowhead, but the first couple I went to were losses to Seattle. Been easy to root against them ever since.

• Sitka Gear