dafish 21-May-20
Matte 21-May-20
KB 08-Aug-20
sitO 08-Aug-20
Bentstick54 10-Aug-20
Habitat 11-Aug-20
KB 11-Aug-20
20-May-20
Was wondering when it usually comes out. Just checked on KDWPT website and it was still the fall 2019-2020 spring

20-May-20
Not for sure. I would guess after May 31st but if I remember right it was pretty late summer or even later when it came out last year.

21-May-20
Usually Mid to late August.

21-May-20
I received a survey on WIHA this week. Anyone else?

21-May-20
Yes

21-May-20
Yep.

21-May-20
Thanks. I was just curious what pieces were going to be in this fall. Found a couple of new spots last year that turned out to be real good. I haven't got anything in the mail about it.

21-May-20
Yep...WIHA survey recently received as well. Haven't returned it yet though.

21-May-20
I filled my survey out this morning. 2 WIHA spots near where I hunt were leased out to private people last year. They had both been in the program since inception or near inception.

21-May-20
Buddies dad passed away and inherited his ground. It has always been in WIHA but is coming out when the contract is up as the boy loves to hunt. I imagine that will be happening a lot in the next ten years.

08-Aug-20
The ‘20/‘21 parcels are up on the online atlas for those who didn’t see the other thread.

Just got done listening to the Kansas BHA podcast episode 20 with Wes Sowards. He’s the WIHA director for the state. It’s a little slow to start and one of the hosts is kind of a goofball, but Wes is a wealth of info. Lots of good insight about where they started, where the program is headed, and how/why they do some of the things they do. It sounded like there’s a concerted effort to keep total acres well above the 1million mark and to consistently improve parcel selection with better habitat. They hope to double iWiha acres by next year (have the funds to do so) and roll that side of the program into the Hunt/Fish app with a lottery style selection each evening to decide the next day’s hunters. Wes said next year is the 25th anniversary of WIHA in KS and they plan to do something special. Sounded to me like overall the program is in good hands.

08-Aug-20
Thanks Kaleb, it's a great program imo...good luck this Fall brother!

10-Aug-20
The WIHA atlas can be seen on line now. I talked to one of the ladies in the Wichita KDWPT office this morning and she said they did not expect the paper atlases until the first part of September.

11-Aug-20
I need to get my buddy to get all the WIHA signs tore down and moved to neighbors property where they are supposed to be instead on his gate where Wildlife and Parks put them

11-Aug-20
PDF format of the book is live on the KDWP website for those who prefer that version.

Thanks Kyle, you too man! Hoping to be down early November for a few weeks at least. We’ll see what the Covid cops have in store though! :)

• Sitka Gear