Kansan 26-May-20
ksq232 26-May-20
keepemsharp 26-May-20
Wildman 27-May-20
Shawn 28-May-20
23-May-20

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
I and some acquaintances have seen these groundhogs in Eldorado over the years. I was wondering if you guys see them very often in other parts of the state? Thanks

23-May-20
I see one around our place.from time to time. Was thrilled to see him seeking out marestail over all ather plants available!

23-May-20
I have never seen one in my part of the state. I am in Barber, Pratt, Kingman, Kiowa, Comanche counties area. I dont anything about them. But would seem kind of nest to have them around.

23-May-20
If I could live trap a pair, I'd transplant them over to my farm. I enjoy watching them the few times I've laid eyes on them

24-May-20
lots of them in Pittsburg, see them all the time

24-May-20
Saw one down a dirt road a little SW of the Augusta airport back around 2000. That’s as far west as I’ve seen them. I’ve seen them a little E of Eureka and a little E of Winfield. There are quite a few in NEKS where you have lots of hills and trees.

24-May-20
See them frequently in Cherokee and Crawford Counties.

24-May-20
Furthest west I've seen was a den, and at least a pair, in Newton. Then, the city came and put a small hill of dirt over that hole so kids could have a place to sled.

One spring there were at least three dens on that property I managed below the state park. You know the one, Jason. I've had friends see them in the state park, just across the road.

A friend saw one from a Walmart parking lot in Derby.

24-May-20
I saw one on the property below the park as well Mike, pelt made a great toilet seat cover.

24-May-20
Have seen several in Riley and PT Countys. There was a few living right across the road from the park office below Tuttle creek.

26-May-20
I saw one in Chase County on April 30th. I see one every few years. I know a guy that said he had a family move into an area and they actually dug holes around the house. He said apples worked really well when he trapped them.

26-May-20
have seen a few in Cowley.

26-May-20
Lots of them in SEK

26-May-20
Yep, see them all the time in Montgomery County.

26-May-20
One time about forty years ago my lab had one run up a tree, didn't know they could do that.

27-May-20
I have seen them in Geary, Dickinson, Clay, Riley, Pottawatomie.

28-May-20
We have a lot in NYS, as a kid I got 2 bucks for everyone I killed from two local farmers. Had to cut off their tail for proof. Also had one as a pet for a couple years. He got mean on about the 3rd year so we let him go. Beef and dairy farmers hate them as their drop holes break quite a few cows legs. By the way a drop hole is a hole straight into the ground to help them escape predators as opposed to a den hole which is dug in at an angle. The indians here on the east coast loved their hides as it made great leather. Shawn

03-Jun-20

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Fairly common in my area.

• Sitka Gear