Out-there 30-May-20
leftee 30-May-20
Brotsky 01-Jun-20
Sdbugler 01-Jun-20
grizzly 17-Jun-20
the bear 30-Jun-20
grizzly 30-Jun-20
29-May-20
Nothing in the elk draws. Not even an anterless applied for. Changing fast as people start cashing in points to savor the flavor of elk. My guess is more will be frustrated and use their points in the leftover drawing to get an anterless tag. Probably a waste of another 10 bucks but you cant win if you dont play. Anyone get their chosen tag.

29-May-20
My son said he's thinking of moving out of state next year so we decided to burn his 8 points to get him a cow tag to hunt elk (He drew of course). Long odds in SD for sure but there will never be a high enough population to satisfy the 30,000 annual applicants demands. Great opportunity but a RARE occurrence for sure. Good luck all.

30-May-20
Struck out also. You'd think with 27 yrs. preference sooner or later odds would be in my favor. Still hope to draw before I'm 80.

30-May-20
A neighbor drew.Think it was his 23rd year.

01-Jun-20
I didn't even bother to apply, just bought my points. I already have elk plans out of state. My better half has 12 years in both draws and put in but she was also unsuccessful.

01-Jun-20
No luck in our family (I'm even sitting on max points for prairie elk and the highest point holder for CSP archery elk and still can't draw). My son burned 12 points last year on a left over archery cow tag as he was going to start an out of state job after graduation. Had a blast hunting with him and he got his cow on the fifth day.

I can't complain as I have had the rifle tag once, archery tag twice, and the late CSP antlerless tag once. And my dad has had the rifle tag once and the archery tag twice. I remember back in 1989 we drew the archery tag with zero points!!! But there weren't many elk in the hills back then either.

17-Jun-20
and again (0). This might be the year i burn those 10 antelope preference points that I have been saving for the fort pierre grasslands unit. If i do, they will open it next year. Maybe they will open it this year but i doubt it. Maybe an archery antelope hunt just prior to the rifle season. I have been practicing with the bow a lot. Dropped to a lighter bow. Trying to get good arrow flight. You long draw guys have an advantage over us short armed guys. I was shooting 300 series last year 27" with 100 grain inserts 70 lbs. This year i'm using 400 series full length to get the spine right 60 lbs.. I could probably get away shooting kids arrows 500 but I really want to keep a little KE going. I did start shooting the recurve again after 6 months off. Still pretty accurate at 12-15 yds. Kind of like riding a bike. See how the rifle draws pan out.

30-Jun-20
Didn't draw anything in the State but did Draw Unit 7 Wyoming! Took 12 Years but I am pretty excited about it. My brother and i applied together and will be hunting together. We are going to Archery hunt for at least 2 weeks and then go back when rifle season opens up.

30-Jun-20
Good luck and enjoy the hunt. I have a few deer tags so I'll be OK. Probably trying the antelope this year.

• Sitka Gear