South Carolina
Contributors to this thread:
doulos 12-Jun-20
doulos 17-Jun-20
Shawn 22-Jun-20
Deanclarkend 11-May-23
imcritaboc1980 12-May-23
12-Jun-20
Hi My whole immediate family have been considering moving fom NY to the Greenville area of South Carolina. I have visited there before and loved it. Actually loved the conservatism even better than the taxes and weather. My question is how are the hunting opportunities? My hunting career is winding down due to health and age but I still like to hunt deer. My son in law says he wont move anywhere that doesn't have decent hunting opportunity. I laughed when my daughter told me that considering where we live. But he is a coyote hunting fanatic. And I think night hunting is limited in SC. Im pretty sure you cant hunt at night on SC WMA land. Is there private land access? How willing are landowners to allow a night hunter. He uses night vision the whole shabang. I told my daughter that SC is a hunt friendly ,gun friendly state compared to this liberal cesspool we live in. So are landowners friendly to night coyote hunters? He is pretty knowledgable and good at it and is a veteran at night hunting. Me I just want to take a few more deer with the bow. Any info would be appreciated.

Thankyou

17-Jun-20
nobody?

22-Jun-20
I can tell you private access to deer hunt is tough. Public land is hit pretty hard. Your best bet may be to find a hunt club and pay a yearly fee. Not ideal but you will kill deer but unless your bait like is bigger and better than the guy hunting 300 yds away you won't kill any good bucks. Shawn

11-May-23
As for hunting opportunities, South Carolina has plenty to offer. There are public and private lands available for hunting, and you can find many landowners who are willing to allow hunting on their property.

12-May-23
Old thread but I wanted to chime in about hunting opportunities in South Carolina. South Carolina is known for its hunting-friendly environment, especially when it comes to deer hunting. While night hunting regulations may vary, it's always a good idea to check with the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources for the most up-to-date information on hunting rules and restrictions. When it comes to accessing private land for hunting, it's best to establish good relationships with landowners. I had to do it after I moved to Massachusetts with the help of https://aoamoving.com/long-distance-movers/massachusetts. Some of them may be open to allowing night hunting.

• Sitka Gear