crestedbutte 13-Jul-20
be still 13-Jul-20
Bodyman 13-Jul-20
be still 13-Jul-20
Bodyman 13-Jul-20
13-Jun-20

Thornton's embedded Photo
I haven't bowfished in 4 or 5 years. Some friends invited me to a river barbecue and I snagged my bow on the way out the door. Felt good to stalk fish again. Feel free to post pictures.

13-Jun-20

25-Jun-20

phiatt's embedded Photo
6/21
phiatt's embedded Photo
6/21
This is my first year bowfishing, and I'm having a blast!

25-Jun-20

phiatt's embedded Photo
phiatt's embedded Photo

25-Jun-20

phiatt's embedded Photo
phiatt's embedded Photo
My first fish with my bow.

25-Jun-20
Very nice Paula!! Shawn

25-Jun-20

Tradnut's embedded Photo
Tradnut's embedded Photo

25-Jun-20
Nice shootin' folks!

25-Jun-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Some nice bigheads, Paula! Did you shoot them in Kansas?

I fried some up for the first time ever, last night.....WOW!!! They were delicious. Ranks right up there with walleye, IMO.

30-Jun-20

phiatt's embedded Photo
phiatt's embedded Photo
I shot the bigheads at Clinton Spillway a couple weeks ago, had so much fun I went back last weekend. I didnt see any bigheads like the week before but had a little luck with one big drum and a common carp. I wish I knew where to consistently find them, I'm sure a couple bow fisherman can't put a dent in the numbers, but it is a lot of fun trying!

30-Jun-20
Park officers always get riled up when I bowfished Eldorado. I sent more than one back to call their supervisor after I told them "all Kansas waters are open to bowfising unless posted otherwise "

06-Jul-20

06-Jul-20
Are those gar any good to eat?

07-Jul-20
They have a nighttime giging contest every spring on Eucha lake and then a big fish fry open to public and it’s great all rough fish but Gar is good eating

07-Jul-20
Have you ate any Thorton

07-Jul-20
I've eaten gar. It's really good but cleaning them is tough.

08-Jul-20
When I clean Gar I use an ax to cut the head a tail off. Then I use a skill saw set at about 1/4 inch and go down there back to cut the skin. Then I use a knife and go along the inside of the skin, fold the skin back and take 2 back straps off just like you do a deer. I have tried lots of ways and this works the best for me. Very good eating.

08-Jul-20
Paula that's the first time I have seen Big mouth carp. learn something every day. Glad your having fun.

08-Jul-20
Paula, that's exactly where I shot my first Bighead Carp. I had one day below the dam on the Kaw in Lawrence where we shot 50+ fish in the same spot. We kept shooting them until there were no more to shoot. It was unreal. Buddy of mine from grad school was Australian and was with me that day. I heard "Crikey!" a few times. I miss that guy.

11-Jul-20

Blood in the water
Blood in the water
Drove to the farm and saw some carp from the bridge as I drove across. Bailed out and made a long shot from a gravel bar across the river.

11-Jul-20

11-Jul-20

Missed this big gar the first shot and saw him sneak back several feet deep to see what took a swipe at him. 2nd shot connected but there was no pass through. He fell off the arrow as I lifted him up the bridge

12-Jul-20

be still's embedded Photo
My daughter has bowfished some and talked how much fun it was so me and my 2 boys went the other night. We ended with 30 carp....I couldn't hit crap and only shot 1...my 2 boys outshot me and my daughter hit more than all of us.

13-Jul-20
Looks like a good time. I've never hunted fish with lights except when I was a kid sitting on a high bank with a .22 keeping the gar off my trotline.

13-Jul-20
Be Still....bowfishing with lights is what I call failure illumination! Nice looking family of bowfishermen/women though.

13-Jul-20
Yeah Mr. Wenzel is was fun but I still like fishing better. My boys sure enjoyed it though but I think during the day would be easier and more fun....lol I'm going to blame the lighting is why I missed so much.

13-Jul-20
As long as you didn’t use a Xgun or chum them with corn

13-Jul-20
Lol yep I know that's right....I feel like they're going to gang up on me and try to hang me from a tree the next time I cross the border.

13-Jul-20
They are mostly good guys on here I have to admit I’m kind of hard to get along with. Don’t take it all to heart just guys jabin each other

• Sitka Gear