onX Maps
Out of state
Ohio
Contributors to this thread:
Pat Lefemine 19-Jul-20
Rocky D 06-Aug-20
Pat Lefemine 06-Aug-20
19-Jul-20
I looked at buying some private land bordered by public. Public pressure was very light there. It was down in Galia county. Big chunk of public.

28-Jul-20
Wayne National Forest is very large, some hunting pressure but lots of area.

06-Aug-20
Pat, I think that is the perfect scenario if the public land is big enough of a chunk that allows bucks to mature 4 1/2 years old. These are many times the deer that gets killed that nobody has seen before. Any managed land will typically hold enough doe to act as a magnet for a cruising bruiser. I know of many of a fifty acre parcel that typically doesn’t see a 150 class buck except for a few weeks in November when it’s anyone’s guess what may show up. Sadly, much of the areas that provide this opportunity is suspect to trespassers and other unsavory criminal behavior. I missed out on a really nice piece of ground two years ago that provided great access but it closed the day that I called just three days after the listing.

06-Aug-20
My thread at the top of this topic was in response to someone who's posts were deleted. I was answering his question about hunting state land in Ohio. When I was looking at this particular parcel in Galia I couldn't help but think when someone discovered that border and a steep, but relatively short walk to it from public, that property would be very frustrating. There were some very nice bucks there. They were so nice that the owner uploaded every trail camera pic because he knew I was freaked out about it bordering public. It didn't push me over the edge, but I was tempted because it was really nice.

• Sitka Gear