butcherboy 10-Aug-20
512Hunter 11-Aug-20
HDE 12-Aug-20
butcherboy 12-Aug-20
splitlimb13 12-Aug-20
HDE 12-Aug-20
archer4evr71 28-Aug-20
10-Aug-20
Has anyone ever archery hunted in Unit 2B? I drew the Sept 1-24 tag this year and trying to put together my plan. I had my scouting trip planned for last week but the Covid situation has screwed that up. I'm trying to decide between hunting the east side (Carson) or over on the west side around the lake. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

10-Aug-20
I'd hunt the Carson if it were me.

10-Aug-20
Carson side for sure. I wouldn’t worry a lot about Covid in this part of the state. You can easily get gas and groceries in Farmington, or Bloomfield.

11-Aug-20
Thanks guys. Looks like Carson it is. As I understand you are not restricted to campgrounds only in the forest so you can pretty much camp anywhere you want. How are those roads back in there? Would it be worth me pulling my utv to use to get around? Or would I be able to get just as many places in my truck? Thanks for the help.

12-Aug-20
Truck. The advantage to the Carson will be all of the locked gates you can drive up to and walk in from there. Leave the UTV at home.

12-Aug-20
The only good thing your utv will do is save mileage and gas on your truck. Roads will be really dusty so it would be a miserable ride. If it rains a lot then be sure to have chains. Yes, you can camp anywhere. Only two primitive campgrounds that I know of. One off of Road 314 and one off 310.

12-Aug-20
512 I see you're from Texas ! Idk I'd you have onx or if you feel comfortable giving me your number but I can send you the coordinates to a cool camp site on that side. I would take the UTV . As butcher boy stated those roads can be ugly , it could save you the hassle of beating on your truck!

12-Aug-20
However, in Sept, the roads dry quickly...

28-Aug-20
Trey, Hit me on my email @ [email protected] I have all the info you will need to be successful on your hunt! Had that tag in the past. David

• Sitka Gear