Highlife 24-Aug-20
DMTJAGER 24-Aug-20
sticksender 24-Aug-20
DMTJAGER 24-Aug-20
foamkiller 04-Sep-20
Nimrod90 04-Sep-20
Bou'bound 24-Jan-21
23-Aug-20
Having no success trying to find a pro shop within a 100 miles of NW Indiana that makes compound bow strings and cables.

Anybody here know of a good trustworthy pro shop that they can recommend that makes bow strings?

24-Aug-20
You probably already know this, but you can contact a company like Vaportrail or Winners Choice or 60X and they will make any string set you need, custom to order. My local pro-shop is one of the best and he orders all his string sets from Vaportrail.

24-Aug-20
Archery Custom Shop in Forest Park Illinois. Give them a call.

24-Aug-20
Thanks for the replies. I am asking for recommendations as quite unfortunately I have had more negative experiences with pro shops over the last few years than good ones my last two visits at two two different pro shops one in IL and one in IN both resulted in myself having to go on YouTube and watch a video and learn how to do the one repair and one component installation myself. One instance was a simple peep sight install after I picked out and bought the peep from him, he not only installed a different one and even a different color, he didn't tie it in securely enough to stop it from moving, I pointed out that #1 it was the wrong peep and he replaced it with the correct one and instead of putting the bow in a press this time he used a flat head screwdriver to divide my strings and he had obviously damaged some and he still didn't tie it in correctly. I went to the pro shop as I wanted a peep with no tubing attached and as I don't own a bow press I went to a pro shop only one reasonably close to my home. I am understandably rather hesitant to install a new set of cables and strings myself for a number of reasons not the least of which is I still do not own a press. Sticksender where is your pro shop located?

24-Aug-20
"Sticksender where is your pro shop located?"

About 7 miles north of Terre Haute on Head Ave. Lonesome Elk (812) 466-2391

24-Aug-20
Thank you but unfortunately that's 3 hours one way from my home. By a strange turn of fate I actually visited that pro shop 3-4 years ago when I had permission to hunt some private property south east of Terra Haute. Again thnaks.

04-Sep-20
Hillside Archery in Fort Wayne, IN. Superb custom string maker.

04-Sep-20
Go to Riverside Archery in Sumava Resort and see George. 219 992 9567 Its in Newton county by the Kankakee River. He will hook you up, does a great job making custom strings and cables and has a full shop and archery range inside.

24-Jan-21
60x

• Sitka Gear