RD 27-Nov-20
Whocares 27-Nov-20
Tonybear61 29-Nov-20
SteveD 29-Nov-20
Whocares 29-Nov-20
12yards 30-Nov-20
27-Aug-20

eidsvolling's Link
Went out to my backyard range just now and an antler from my 3D buck was lying on the ground nearby. He's leaning to one side and the ground is scuffed up on the opposite side. Nothing like some "pre-rut" action to get the blood flowing. LOL.

No, I'm not nuts:

27-Aug-20
No pic, it didn't happen!

27-Aug-20

eidsvolling's embedded Photo
eidsvolling's embedded Photo
Should have left the game camera in place - I would have had some video! No perp pic but this was the aftermath.

27-Aug-20
OK :)

28-Aug-20
Maybe that cold snap we had kicked em into gear?

31-Aug-20
More like the separation of bachelor groups then "pre rut" activity. I know your likely being ironic. I've noticed them splitting up on our land for sure now, but most are still in velvet. They will start rubbing and doing some light sparing to ditch the velvet soon

01-Sep-20
Newphew got pics below his stand two buck sparring. That was earlier this week.

27-Oct-20

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
The small bucks are doing some chasing now with the big boys getting interested. Got this one last night at about 6:15.

28-Oct-20
Congrats RD! Nice buck!

31-Oct-20
Good one, congratulations!

01-Nov-20
Good one Randy my son thinks it's so cool you still take them with a recurve.

05-Nov-20
Good luck starting this weekend you MN hunters. Looks pretty bleak in the part of northern Mn we hunt in but I'll still be there having fun!

24-Nov-20
Hmm, either everyone is locked in their mom's basement according to King Walz's commands, waiting to croak from corona, or nobody got out this year..

Typical Minnesota Forum. About as worthless as tits on a boar;)

25-Nov-20
I know. I give it a occasional shot but limited response. Guys must prefer the condescending sarcasm from a couple of the know it alls on the general forum.

26-Nov-20

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
This guy showed up AFTER the firearms group had finished hunting for the year
Tonybear61's embedded Photo
This guy showed up AFTER the firearms group had finished hunting for the year
Southfarm and Whocares you are spot on. I poke this sleeping bear every once in a while but it still slumbers. I used to be pretty active in the bowhunting community and went toe to toe with DNR, even met with Legislative reps and spoke at DNR forums. It wore me out and I felt all feel o deaf ears except for a few good folks, like the ones on this forum.

That said yes I have been out many times. Helped drag a few bucks, also have had many does and li bucks close up. Heading out someplace tomorrow to hunt. The weather has been reasonable (except the high wind days we had) so it has been easy to get out. Might have a big one get close some day again.. Mostly hunting public land so that is challenging.. There are a few left from gun season.

27-Nov-20
It's slowed down a lot down here. I've seen a couple bucks but nothing chasing. I hunt mostly private land, small woodlots and this being the second season here they all get driven day after day. My only saving grace is a couple places the landowners won't allow guns on. Still hoping for another doe or two for sausage. I expect the state to open up December gun seasons again this year like last as voluntary CWD testing is way down. Have to wait and see.

27-Nov-20
The 2 week rifle season up at the shack was really lacking deer. Hadn't seen track on the roads all Fall and that played out. Did shoot a 6 for my son's tag as he could only be there for the weekend. We took another 6 for meat and one guy got a decent 8. Otherwise we saw almost no deer. Weren't surprised. Other shacks saw nothing either. Heading back up today mainly to cut firewood and will take my muzzleloader along.

29-Nov-20
Checked the common trails where I hunt Friday, the snow that came down on Tues was pretty void of tracks, I'd say movement was way down...

29-Nov-20
Killing three bucks ain't too shabby, sounds like you had a good season to me.

29-Nov-20
Per cent wise was good for 5 guys but the total lack of deer sign was the thing. Normally wouldn't have shot the 6s but the guys wanted a little meat and it was evident deer were lacking. When there are very few deer the bucks seem to roam more in the rut and that is likely how those bucks stumbled in front of us. No rubs no scrapes anywhere.

30-Nov-20
It's hard for me to comment because of MN early rifle opener. I'm usually headed out of state when the gun season opens and when the rut is starting up. I ended up shooting a nice public land buck on the 4th of November. Wasn't expecting much on that day, it was 70 degrees. One of my best public land bucks in MN. But honestly, I was seeing very little rutting activity up to that day despite hunting almost everyday. Saw some yearling bucks chasing does around one eve in mid-Oct. I did see a decent buck chasing in Camp Ripley on Sunday eve Nov. 1.

• Sitka Gear