29-Aug-20

rut freak's embedded Photo
Crazy potential

29-Aug-20

29-Aug-20
Yep, he has the "potential" to show himself during daylight hours!

29-Aug-20
Ya you better give him a couple years ;)

29-Aug-20
Well said Pete

30-Aug-20
The sad part of this is that potential seems to disappear all to often in our area. Poaching is an issue, neighbors shoot potential, they move out, or were visiting for a food source early.

30-Aug-20
At least you are seeing some potential

30-Aug-20
"Prayers sent" for screwball

30-Aug-20
No prayers needed, ;-) simply reality.

30-Aug-20
You could send those prayers to northern Bayfield Co. There are a couple of us bowsiters that really could use some divine intervention this fall. Lol

30-Aug-20
Musky how bad is it up there?

30-Aug-20
SB-It is a struggle to find deer in much of the public areas in the north of the county despite plenty of logging. My cameras are showing the least amount of deer since the back to back severe winters. The pockets of ag land around the county have plenty of deer I am told. I guess it's the new norm and it's difficult to comprehend.

It will be interesting to see what 2020 brings since the 2019 harvest was way down for a variety of reasons.

31-Aug-20
What are they giving for doe tags?

31-Aug-20
Too many. MjF and I (and a few others) have followed this closely and posted quite a bit about the state of the deer herd on public land in northern Bayfield. The county has a 3 year plan in place to reduce the herd. The goal was met and surpassed in 2019 with herd 2% below goal and CDAC still felt compelled to issue plenty of antlerless tags.

31-Aug-20
Not potential rut, he's already there! What a slob. Screwball, same issues where I have land. Get to know your local warden, reach out to them. Get to know them. There is no magic wand and nothing can get fixed overnight, but they will work with you. Spend a little more time in your area...

31-Aug-20

One of many big ones in this area. Small little pinch point between the corn feild and the woods. Many big bucks taken here over the years.

12-Sep-20

Well he showed up. I didnt. Still in velvet.

• Sitka Gear