onX Maps
CAMP Ripley 2020 hunt format change
Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
Huntcell 30-Aug-20
Jeff in MN 01-Sep-20
30-Aug-20
no mail in lottery for Ripley hunt, first come first serve at the gate this year. could impact someone drive some distance. then again maybe its not as popular as it once was and gaining access will be a breeze. I see 2,000 permits for each hunt. that is a considerable number even for the size of Ripley. Did the hunt many years ago was a zoo back then, never had desire go back. Hunters did take some big ones back then including the MN state record, which may have been surpassed by now.

hear is news release from Mn DNR:

"Camp Ripley archery hunt permits available Aug. 28

Hunters can purchase permits for the archery deer hunts at Camp Ripley near Little Falls starting at noon on Friday, Aug. 28. Permits will remain on sale as long as they are available, or until Friday, Oct. 2.

This year, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will not hold a preference lottery for Camp Ripley archery permits. Instead, hunters can purchase permits for the hunt directly, on a first-come, first served basis.

Hunters will need to use surplus permit code 677 to purchase a permit, and then choose from one of two hunt dates: Oct. 15-16 (Thur.-Fri., code 668) or Oct. 31-Nov. 1 (Sat.-Sun., code 669). A person may only purchase a permit for one time period. A total of 4,000 permits, with 2,000 per two-day hunt, will be available.

01-Sep-20
I did this hunt a couple of times. Saw enough deer to make things interesting but never took a shot. Saw a few shooters but they did not present a shot. I remember the blizzard of 93 well, we drove all the way there from Rochester MN only to find out the hunt was cancelled because the people that ran the event could not get to the camp. They rescheduled so we did get to go that year. As usual I passed up several deer but never got close to a real nice one.

• Sitka Gear