Nocturnal II 31-Aug-20
MjF 31-Aug-20
Casekiska 31-Aug-20
Live2Hunt 31-Aug-20
MjF 31-Aug-20
Muskybuck 31-Aug-20
Nocturnal II 31-Aug-20
30-Aug-20
I've only traveled threw this area a few times (HWY 94) but I am amazed at the vast forests of Jack Pine, White Pine, Norway Pine and others. This area reminds me of Northern Wis, just beautiful.

30-Aug-20
Same here mjf, I’ve only travelled through also but man that is some nice country!

31-Aug-20
I do alot of my hunting in the Black River Falls area! Beautiful country!

31-Aug-20
Jackson and Clark Counties have mostly destroyed their forests and hunting opportunities, With non stop clear cutting, What was once absolutely beautiful oak ridges surrounded by pine swamps and wet swamps was ideal deer and animal habitat, have you ever tried to hunt 5 to 20 year old clear cuts ! Vision is very limited and archers have hard time getting arrows through the mess, Deer seldonm have clear travel routes as they wander and nibble,

31-Aug-20
I’ve heard that complaint before about that area. Are you talking about huge expanses of clearcuts? 90 acres is about as big as I see where I hunt and I’ll take consistent logging over overly mature forest any day. It can be frustrating when areas get cut, but it brings the deer. Us deer hunters like our traditional spots for sure! Once a cut get 5+ years it becomes such a tangled mess with less available browse, I usually look for more recent cuts unless the edges are still showing good sign.

31-Aug-20
there have been alot of clear cutting the past 20 years, more in Clark co. Clark County in some spots are completely wiped out. So I understand what he is saying. Its not what it use to be, but that's everywhere in the state, minus the southern farmland. Still deer to be had and we did pretty well last year.

31-Aug-20
We have everything a deer needs in Northern Bayfield County, just no deer.

31-Aug-20
I began bowhunting slightly east of Black River Falls (directly east out State Hwy. 54 about 20 miles in the Knapp Fire Tower, Saddle Mound, Crawford Hills, and Potter's Flowage areas) in the early 1960s. Had a ball out there in those days! Saw lots of deer. Good action on stands and drives. Camped where we wanted on state land. By the late 1970s things changed and we moved onto different areas. Have only been back once or twice since then but I recall those woods, lands, and all the hunts well. Back then this was the bowhuinters land of milk and honey! Fond memories of great times!

31-Aug-20
I don't know what to think of Clark county and East Eau Claire county forest. There is no reason the herd has not rebounded there. I honestly think it is the wolf packs that are down there now. The clear cutting should help the herd, there is a lot of food and cover for them. There are also oak islands left all over, no reason at all for that herd to not explode.

31-Aug-20
Only one reason why whitetails are not rebounding in Wisconsin and Live2Hunt said it...wolves. Anti hunters love the wolf situation happening here in Wisconsin and other parts of the U.S. there plan is working well, with no population control on wolves the whitetail population is and will slowly decrease year after year which turns into less deer hunting participation, less interest in hunting etc.

31-Aug-20
Bingo! It's about the wolves and the mindset that much of the public has about wolves-including many of those managing our natural resources.

31-Aug-20
Lots of wolves in Northern Jackson and Clark County areas. No doubt you are not wrong Live2hunt.

• Sitka Gear