Drop Tine 11-Sep-20
Drop Tine 11-Sep-20
Reggiezpop 11-Sep-20
DiRTY MiKE 11-Sep-20
Tweed 11-Sep-20
happygolucky 12-Sep-20
South Farm 14-Sep-20
08-Sep-20
And that's all I have to say about that!

08-Sep-20
Ditto !!!

08-Sep-20
Does it happen on mobile too?

08-Sep-20
Yes, happens on my cell phone.

08-Sep-20
Yes, happens on my cell phone.

08-Sep-20
Agree!

08-Sep-20
Pat chimed in the big board. Needed revenue to keep going due to losses due to covid-19. Outfitters from Canada not advertising. Manufacturers pulling back on advertising....

Not much choice unless we want to pay to be here.

09-Sep-20
Unfortunately it could have a compound effect. If it makes it harder to view and contribute (especially for the tech adverse guys) less will visit the site which will also result in loss revenue.

09-Sep-20
How hard is it for you guys to click the x and close the box?

Pat stated why he needs to do this.

I swear some of you guys would b!tch and moan if you were hung with a new rope.

09-Sep-20
Well, a new rope would be itchy!!!

09-Sep-20
Pushing the little X is the same as having to press one for English in America. LOL

09-Sep-20
Maybe now he will start selling Bowsite calendars , belt buckles, bumper stickers T-shirts, etc.

Bowsite the worlds largest online resource for bowhunters!

Or not.

09-Sep-20
New rope? Shoot, I missed that popup!

09-Sep-20
I would gladly chip in and pay NOT to have to clear an irritating popup at every click. It's kind of like having to wipe piss off the seat every time you wanna crap, or shooing a fly off your fork constantly before you take a bite of mom's apple pie, or getting stuck behind a combine in a no passing zone. Gets old real quick..and if you say it doesn't you're either a liar or dead;)

09-Sep-20
Don't hold back South Farm....go ahead and tell us how you really feel!

09-Sep-20
I didnt notice the ads until I saw this thread. Guess I'm used to it everywhere on the internet. Doesn't bother me

09-Sep-20
Worst thing about them is the “X” is so small on my phone screen that I end up clicking on the ad half of the times I am trying to close it out.

10-Sep-20
Small inconvenience to me. The quality of the Wisconsin thread alone is worth the time it takes to click the "X". I would pay a $1.00 a year to see Cheesehead Mike's bucks and elk every year.

10-Sep-20
Would be nice if the 'X' was a bit more bold so I could find it.

10-Sep-20
Double post, sorry.

10-Sep-20
Would also be nice if it were in a different location, rather then across the whole bottom of the screen.

10-Sep-20
I'm not going to lie. The pop ups are a pain in the ass. They will limit the frequency of which I am on the site. I have a feeling even if others are not saying it, they feel the same.

10-Sep-20
Rut, I feel the same and am visiting less.

10-Sep-20
what ads?

10-Sep-20
we are all trying to get through this. capitalist country now, as it should be. couple of pop ups, no big deal. Not asking for free money. Best hunting site there is. Biden gets in, not so much.

10-Sep-20
What can you have against a guy that names his sons beau-hunter?

11-Sep-20
hate them ! getting to hate any and all sites that make something we like deplorable ! I would rather pay a yearly fee !!!! Will be coming on less

11-Sep-20
9/11 happened 19 years ago. Put it in perspective what is and what isn't a "hassle" or inconvenience as far as the ads.

11-Sep-20
Its worse on a desktop than on my phone. Desktop takes up nearly half of the thread content. Phone is manageable.

11-Sep-20
I want to thank Pat for finding a viable way to keep this site up and running. Little inconvenience is fine till things work out.

11-Sep-20
I have no issue with the ads, but then I have never been about the easy way out, and instant success. I appreciate the opportunity to have this forum.

11-Sep-20
I wish if we are to have them that they were at the top of the page. I keep hitting the adds while scrolling.

11-Sep-20
Missouri

I’ll bet you drive rather than walk to places. Use a remote for the tv rather than get up and manually change channels, gas hot water heater? Gas furnace rather than wood?

All the easy way out. Just saying.

11-Sep-20
Wondering if there will be a pop up ad for a scoped and cocked crossbow. Misery might spontaneously combust if that happens!!!

11-Sep-20

DiRTY MiKE 's embedded Photo
DiRTY MiKE 's embedded Photo

11-Sep-20
DT I prefer to walk or bike than drive and I tap the kids on the head for the TV channel (remote don't work)

12-Sep-20
I fully understand why Pat did this. He needs revenue. During the pandemic, the sponsors backed away due to reduced funds. The site is free for us but not for Pat. Pat is not going to lose money so everyone else can enjoy this site. I personally have no issue with either clicking the x or not and just reading above where the popup is. Pat said this is temporary. He might change his mind once he enjoys the income. He might then add an option to pay to be ad free like many other sites. We all have choices. We can deal with Pat's decision to not lose money while giving us all a free place to converse/bitch about hunting, or we can just leave over the slight inconvenience.

14-Sep-20
There's a third option...actually the best option now that bow season is actually open...and that is to leave the site for the woods and come back next year when the pop-ups are GONE. Good hunting and see ya'll next year! And don't forget to VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sitka Gear