Skippy 10-Sep-20
Skippy 10-Sep-20
Ok...Russ 14-Sep-20
PushCoArcher 26-Sep-20
Ok...Russ 28-Sep-20
swampokie 05-Oct-20
Ok...Russ 05-Oct-20
09-Sep-20
Anyone else taking advantage of this rain to get some seed in the ground? Disked up 2 plots on Monday the first just over a acre the second about 3/4 acre. Managed to get the seed in right before it started raining yesterday evening. Planted the large plot in peas, oats, and winter wheat and the smaller with oats and cereal rye.

09-Sep-20
Push, this is kind of like my investing strategy where I buy high and sell low...I plant AFTER a rain not before! :) I've been stretched really thin this summer/fall trying to get our new property ready for the season. Sprayed 5 acres of plots almost 2 weeks ago so plan is to mow this coming weekend and plant on the 19th. The big 3 acre plot will be a 4x4 fall seed mix I got from a guy on OKshooters. It's 4 annuals and 4 perennials. Clover, chicory, rape, plantain are ones I remember. Got another 1 acre plot and 2 more 1/2 acre plots. Going with buck forage oats on the 1 acre and 1/2 acre then a mix of BFO and clover/chicory just as a test. Setting up stands this weekend also. This is just my second year at food plots and more engaged this season than last so hoping for good results. As I get more into it, I plan to have spring/summer attractants as well. Hope this is up good come early November.

10-Sep-20
I feel you Russ been stretched pretty thin myself. I leave Saturday for 9 days in Wyoming needed to get the seed in before I left. Sounds like you jumped right into the food plots, hope all goes well.

10-Sep-20
I did 11 acres in five plots of winter wheat One week ago. Put down nitrogen just before it rained this week.

10-Sep-20
I did 11 acres in five plots of winter wheat One week ago. Put down nitrogen just before it rained this week.

14-Sep-20

Ok...Russ's embedded Photo
Checked plots this weekend and roundup worked nicely. Mowed them all and will go back this coming weekend to plant and hang a couple more stands.

26-Sep-20

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
Got back from Wyoming a few days ago and the plots are looking amazing.

28-Sep-20
Plots look great Will! I'd always been told to wait until mid-Sept but I think next year I'll base it off the rain forecast. I was able to get everything planted and cultipacked last Sunday on the 5 acres of plots I have in this year. Got 1 1/2" of rain 2 or 3 days after so curious how mine are faring. Going back this coming weekend to finalize a few tree stands and check SD cards along with freshening up the feeders. Don't plan on hunting until the following weekend after it's settled down some from me trimming lanes and such. Getting anxious!!

05-Oct-20
Looks good guys. Planted 12 at pine creek last week. Planting 20 at Hugo tomorrow.

05-Oct-20

Coming up pretty good for 2 weeks. Definitely need some more rain but the deer are hitting the buck forage oats pretty hard already(attached pic). Set up a camera on my 3 ac feeder plot of 4x4 mix and anxious to get back and see the activity. The clover and plantain are up good along with some chicory on the 3 acres.

• Sitka Gear