kentuckbowhnter 13-Sep-20
Bucknut 22-Sep-20
Glunt@work 22-Sep-20
CCOVEY 23-Sep-20
Destroyer350 23-Sep-20
fishslap 03-Nov-20
Wiggins80654 11-Nov-20
10-Sep-20
I dropped off a hide in 2018 to Rocky Mountain Tanners. They required that you pay the full fee up front. It was supposed to be completed in 9-12 months. I finally got hold of them last month. My hide, along with a few hundred others, were dropped of in Idaho to another tanners to be completed. The tanner in Idaho then calls me for payment. In order to get my hide back I had to pay the tanning fee again. Rocky Mtn said sorry we're going out of business...no refunds. Lame, really lame.

10-Sep-20
Wow! Going out of business doesn’t give them the right to steal. Are they going out of business or bankrupt? I would threaten to take them to small claims and see what they say.

12-Sep-20
Do not believe I have ever heard anything good about them. Many many horror stories so I am surprized they lasted this long.

13-Sep-20
i would certainly turn this over to the local prosecutor and/or have my attorney arrange a summons for the sob. not about the money but about dealing with a scumbag.

22-Sep-20
I dropped a caribou hide off last August and they told me they would call me in 6-9 months. I started calling them a couple of weeks ago to find out where my hide was, left 2 voicemails, and no response. Now I find out that they went out of business. It's not so much the $255.00 I paid in advance for the service....it is more that I am most likely never going to have another opportunity to harvest another caribou. I will be hunting them down instead....

22-Sep-20
That stinks. I once left a wolverine with a taxidermist in Alberta. Never saw it again. Mounties called me asking if I had any contact with the guy, I guess a lot of folks had critters and cash that disappeared with him.

23-Sep-20
Who was the owner? The guy that used to do my taxidermy work worked out of there but i was never sure if he was the owner. I believe him and another taxidermist started a shop in commerce city. He may be who you want to talk to.

23-Sep-20
My buddy shot a cow and dropped off the hide to them in 2017. Last year he called them and they had said they lost the hide. They refunded him and told him next time it will be free. Looks like there wont be a next time.

03-Nov-20
Endob, do you have the name of the Idaho tannery? I talked to someone yesterday who said Rocky Mountain closed for good a few weeks ago and I want to see if I can get my deer hide directly from the tanner. Thanks

11-Nov-20
They did a crap job on two hides. Later losers!

• Sitka Gear