Nocturnal II 11-Sep-20
smokey 11-Sep-20
Two Feathers 11-Sep-20
Zonks 11-Sep-20
Brother of the bow 12-Sep-20
10-Sep-20

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
I arrowed this great Buck opening day of 1970 . This is my 50th Archery Deer hunt , I have to go .

10-Sep-20
Packing up the car now. I won’t sit in the rain in the morning, but will be out after. Can’t come soon enough!

10-Sep-20
I am more excited about this season than all others. This I can promise. Covid-19 and the social experiment it created, is similar to solitary confinement, and I would assimilate the loneliness in a tree as a weird parody to exactly what I'm looking for to counter that exact solitude in the form of quarantine. The difference is me against nature, with a very different conclusion in mind. Great buck. Very similar to my first I took when I was 13, in 1980 with a Bear Kodiak recurve in Lyndon Station, just 10 years after yours. Of course my most memorable hunt with my brother in law, who was more of a brother, than the three I share blood with. Just to sit in a tree, and reminisce about old memories, is all I need as therapy against a virus that ran much deeper than anyone will probably ever know.

10-Sep-20
I'm still in the process of deciding about hunting this weekend. Don't much care for the "iffy" weather conditions predicted for my area for the weekend and I have to admit some of the shine and luster of opening weekend has worn off after so many years of bowhunting. If not this weekend, for sure the coming week!!!

10-Sep-20
I’m going to try to make it out for an evening hunt. My daughter has a cross country meet Saturday morning.

10-Sep-20
Great thoughts, Pete!

10-Sep-20
Good luck Glen, I will be sitting with my wife over her bear bait or sitting a whitetail waterhole if she tags out tomorrow.

10-Sep-20
WHO'S GOING OUT OPENING DAY ? ??? All the deer, at least at first! After that there always seems to be less and less of them. And my garage starts to smell like hamburgers grilling!

11-Sep-20
I'm hoping but I wont shoot a deer in the rain. If it rains all day I'll spend a bunch of time scouting

11-Sep-20

TrapperJack2's embedded Photo
TrapperJack2's embedded Photo
I wish I could but have to work all weekend. But can hunt Monday if the weather is nice. Arrowed this bear Thursday evening so now it is all deer I'm after.

11-Sep-20
Definitely going out opening day afternoon.

11-Sep-20
Sounds like rain all day Saturday. I was planning on the cabin, but now will stay around the house by Eau Claire. I think I will finish mounting one of my deer heads Saturday and hunt Sunday evening around the house. I need a doe for some meat, we are out.

11-Sep-20
I will be out as long as it isn’t raining .

11-Sep-20
Pete that Deer Deer was shot with a Bear Kodiak in 1970 . Bear sure owned the archery market then .

A side note , that 167lb 6 pointer was the 2nd largest buck shot in the Ojibawa bowclub contest . Times have certainly changed .

11-Sep-20
He sure did own the market, and yes, times have changed. Today I wouldn't shoot that deer, but I sure miss that aspect of hunting. I still hunt for meat, and I to this day, love venison, but I also hunt for much more than that, but man was it great to be congratulated for killing any deer with a bow. Today you might be scoffed at, and I believe this is part of the reason recruitment is much lower. By our own adult terms, we've sort of instilled them into our kids, and they need the green light to kill, and be proud of anything that excites them.

11-Sep-20
Pete it was a golden age of Bowhunting . 1971 I whacked another 6 pt & the 4 of us piled into my Chev station wagon ( no one owned a P U truck then , too noisy, too expensive & poor gas mileage) & went to downtown Waupaca for breakfast .

As I got out of the wagon about 10 people stopped eating & came out to look at the Buck . A farmer patted me on the back & said, " So you killed this fine Buck with 1 of them Bow & Arrow rigs ? "

Life then was very Black & white & simple .

11-Sep-20
Good luck to everyone on the opener!

11-Sep-20
It is looking like all day rain here on Saturday so I might pass on sitting in a stand. If it changes and quites early I may go out but more likely, just check some cameras or put up a stand. Maybe even some photography.

I looked for elk this morning and saw none and still no bugling.

11-Sep-20
I'll be out.

11-Sep-20

Zonks's embedded Photo
Zonks's embedded Photo
If it's not pouring, I'll try to get out for a couple hours. Shot my first bow buck on opening day in 2011.

12-Sep-20
I'll be out this afternoon hoping to take a nice doe for the land owner, although I have seen numerous nice bucks ln my wildlife cameras.

• Sitka Gear