GoJakesGo's embedded Photo
Let's see those bears! My brother got this in Oneida Co

11-Sep-20

11-Sep-20

TrapperJack2's embedded Photo
TrapperJack2's embedded Photo
Portage Co. Zone C Thursday evening. Baits were getting hit at night so was surprised to see this one out so early. Tough tracking job but found it.

11-Sep-20
Congrats guys!

12-Sep-20
Keep 'em coming guys! Congrats to all who have been successful.

12-Sep-20
Here's the story. He's been baiting 4 sites, running 50ish miles one way, more frequently as the season arrived. Treated it much like a typical deer hunt. Didn't hunt opening day due to the rain and wind. Sat 10 hrs before a small sow arrived. 3 hrs later this dry sow arrived. 237lbs dressed, no cubs, horrible teeth-perhaps over 10yrs old.

25 yard heart shot. Ran around the stump and died. Biggest fear all season was how to drag one out if successful. Ended up being a 30 yard cake walk.

12-Sep-20
Here's the story. He's been baiting 4 sites, running 50ish miles one way, more frequently as the season arrived. Treated it much like a typical deer hunt. Didn't hunt opening day due to the rain and wind. Sat 10 hrs before a small sow arrived. 3 hrs later this dry sow arrived. 237lbs dressed, no cubs, horrible teeth-perhaps over 10yrs old.

25 yard heart shot. Ran around the stump and died. Biggest fear all season was how to drag one out if successful. Ended up being a 30 yard cake walk.

12-Sep-20
no such thing as a 'cake walk' when it comes to getting those fatties out of the woods!!

14-Sep-20

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
My son Ryan

14-Sep-20
Zebra sent a hearty congrats to your boy!! Hope you are feeling well.

14-Sep-20
My daughter ( the teacher) got her bear last night ,Lots of rain and baits not being hit was discouraging for a while but her patience paid off, 210 # dressed ,I got it all on video Will not post a picture as she used her rifle as it was her first bear hunt and her hunting was to be limited to weekends,Lots of fun though Congrats to all the successful hunters

14-Sep-20

15-Sep-20
I saw some Facebook chatter about a 760# taken. Supposedly DNR verified.

15-Sep-20

wisconsinteacher's embedded Photo
wisconsinteacher's embedded Photo
My wife was able to get a 323 live weight boar Sunday evening. We sat 4 sits and saw a sow and 3 cubs and 5 legal bears on 2 different baits. We learned a lot this season about bears and put in a lot of time for this one. It was one of the greatest hunts of my life. She had no clue it was that big until she walked up on it.

Sorry for the dark picture.

15-Sep-20
Beautiful bear and a great picture! What county?

15-Sep-20
Barron Co. I'm excited to see what he measures. His head is as big as my 420# bear.

15-Sep-20
Congratulations to both of you!

15-Sep-20
Thats awesome Mathew! Any bear is a trophy in my eyes. Make sure to blow this picture up and frame it for your wife. Im still doing my best to convince mine to give it a try

16-Sep-20
Great stuff. Love the thread. Keep 'em coming.

16-Sep-20
Wisconsinteacher, way to go for you and your wife. That is an awesome bear. Now it is your turn. How long before you think you will draw another tag? I had 3 hunters staying at my place and only one bear was shot. They did not see much either.

16-Sep-20
Congrats to your wife!!! That is awesome!! My wife is still chasing them, she has had a number of encounters with small bears, just waiting for the "Daddy" bear. Hopefully this weekend the right bear will come in.

16-Sep-20
I'm at 3 points right now. We will see what happens with the new zones. If possible, I might apply for A and try going with hounds once.

Remember back in 2009 when you helped me with my first bear Jeff? I still use some of your tips and they helped again. Thanks!!

17-Sep-20

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
As of now we're 6 for nine at NBC Guide Service. One beast missed and another no get. This huge sow was old and her teeth were worn down to nubs.

17-Sep-20
Congrats to all the successful hunters. My buddies still have empty tags from 3 different baits.

• Sitka Gear