Two Feathers 17-Sep-20
Live2Hunt 18-Sep-20
smokey 18-Sep-20
Two Feathers 18-Sep-20
Nocturnal II 18-Sep-20
xtroutx 19-Sep-20
Novice 19-Sep-20
12-Sep-20
lots of rain & Bugs . About 6:15 a mature Doe & a nice 8 point walked by. 6:45 the rain quit & the wind shifted toward the bedding area . I baled out in a hurry .

Felt good to be out. LIncoln county .

12-Sep-20
Rain stopped at 1700 on Portage County public. I sat some acorns I finally found after a lot of scouting. Had one 6 pointer come in and munch for 15 minutes and back out the way he came. I only forgot my rangefinder and pants, so a better start to most years!

13-Sep-20
Saw a doe and yearling. No shots taken.

13-Sep-20
Went up to the cabin on opening day,.. Sauk Co. Rain, rain, and more rain. Didn't get out on stand. Did see a one antlered buck with two does only about 100 yards from the cabin. Even though I did not hunt it was still good to be on my hunting land, at the cabin, and in the outdoors on opening day. A little color starting to appear in the trees and the woods are thinning out a bit...it's evident, the momentum of fall is gathering and the event that becomes October in Wisconsin is not far off. My favorite time of the year, always has been, always will be. This is my 64th. bowhunting season.

13-Sep-20
I cant get out until maybe late this week. I am Still trying to get my winter wood cut and fall chores done before going in for back surgery. Best of luck to all that are getting out.

13-Sep-20
Best of luck on the surgery xtroutx.

13-Sep-20
Thanks Pete

13-Sep-20

Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Hunting Portage public tonight. I’m in a sliver of pines with bedding to the west and acorns to the north and east. Hopefully catch something sliding through for a snack.

13-Sep-20

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Sitting on a ridge keeping an eye on a million Acorns.

13-Sep-20
May your arrows fly true if the moment presents itself.

Tied up like a dog in the chair of the living room right now. First hunt starts tomorrow and I have no idea what the future holds for me as far as deer inventory goes and i am satisfied by that thought too. Good luck to all out right now.

Ruger, I like the sound of it and looks of the picture.

13-Sep-20
Hunted opening evening on a small piece of private. Had a buck sneak downwind of me and bust me... ugh... couldn’t get a good look at him to see how big

Guys in acorns... any luck ?

13-Sep-20
Saw 15 does and 1 buck tonight. No shot taken.

13-Sep-20

Ru4snow's Link
Just this doe Sunday evening. Although I didn’t see a buck it was great to be back on stand.

13-Sep-20
hunting for a specific buck (unknown size or age) tonight since I had the right win for it. Probably a spot where I see him or nothing...ended up seeing nothing. Nice to get up in the tree. LOVE LOVE LOVE, the TETHRD Phantom and the TETHRD XL platform. I'm hooked!

14-Sep-20
I never made it out, rain Saturday got me working on one of my deer mounts from a few years ago that was tanned. Forgot how many holes needed to be fixed in it. My grandson came in the afternoon/evening and spent the night. Sunday I had good intentions, but decided to finish that deer and byt the time I finished, it was too late. Looks too warm this week, maybe Thursday.

14-Sep-20

Ru4snow's embedded Photo
10 pointer
Ru4snow's embedded Photo
10 pointer
Had I sat a different stand it would have been game over.

14-Sep-20
^^^Dont be so sure. I get plenty of nice buck pics at other areas. They dont show themselves often. So many things have to go right for even a glimpse. Good luck though.

I haven't been out yet. Waiting for later Oct. I did jump up a nice buck on Sunday while putting a new stand up. Cant wait for colder weather.

14-Sep-20
we had 8 guys hunting Saturday and Sunday nights in southern Clark. Not much for acorns and the deer were hitting the fields. Lots of does and fawns, a few little bucks and one miss at a racked buck. 15 yd chip shot that was saved by buck fever.

14-Sep-20
saw 8 tonight on my first sit. Sure was a nice evening.

14-Sep-20
I saw 4 doe, and 2 fawns on my first sit tonight. Was just doing a little bit of inventory checking on the does, but it was nice to be out.

14-Sep-20

BigWiscoBooner's embedded Photo
BigWiscoBooner's embedded Photo
Hunted Waukesha county on opener evening. Saw about 6 deer (mix of doe and fawns).

Got a good look at one of the does and venison back in the freezer this year

15-Sep-20
Hunted behind my house last night and saw nothing.

15-Sep-20

DeerBadge's embedded Photo
8 pointer 20.5 inches inside spread.
DeerBadge's embedded Photo
8 pointer 20.5 inches inside spread.
I was very fortunate to harvest this 8 pointer on Saturday evening. He was the only deer I saw while overlooking a swamp. I saw him at a 100 yards and he decided to take the runway that comes to my stand, instead of the two that would go the otherway. I was able to draw on him while he was behind a tree before he stepped out of the swamp. He stepped out of the swamp and I was on him, but could not see through my peep at first, but I composed myself and got my anchor point set and released the arrow at 17 yards. I hit him right behind the front shoulder and it exited through his brisket. He spun around after I hit him and ran about a 100 yards before he crashed. I feel very blessed and thankful it all worked out like it did.

15-Sep-20
On the board! Well done. Nice buck!

15-Sep-20
Awesome buck deer badge! Congrats!

15-Sep-20
Nice buck, first on the board.

15-Sep-20
Thank you, I am more than pleased with it. It was a great night.

15-Sep-20
LOVE A BIG CLEAN 8 PT . VERY NICE

15-Sep-20
Very nice buck. You told us all how to do it! Great job! Congrats!

15-Sep-20

RyanB's embedded Photo
RyanB's embedded Photo
Attempted to have my first sit Sat afternoon. Walked out at 4:00pm. This buck beat me to the open field behind my tree line stand. I did not see him until about 40 yards away. We had a stare down for about a half hour both in open field. He charged me twice trying to figure out what I was, he finally calmed down at 20 yards. Of course 1 time I do not knock an arrow on my walk out this happens. He put his head down a few times to allow me to knock and pull back. After 100 mosquito bites and what seemed a lifetime he gave me a shot. Ran 20 yards after shot. After 20 years of hunting this was my first Velvet experience. FYI, you no longer have to contact DNR if you harvest a buck in velvet. This is an old policy no longer effective. Don't listen to old timers telling you to contact DNR.

15-Sep-20
Nice buck Ryan. I knew there would be velvet deer taken this year. I saw one just yesterday still in velvet, so I figured there would be a few killed. Well done!

15-Sep-20
Nice velvet buck. Way to go. Good story to go with your success, that sort of thing when the animal stands there looking at you for half an hour does not happen all that often. Congratulations.

15-Sep-20
Nice bucks, Badge and Ryan!

15-Sep-20
Awesome wi velvet buck. Quite the rarity! Get that guy mounted. Badge that buck is a tank. I love big 8s like that.

15-Sep-20
DeerBadge - Nice! Ryan, I've never gotten a velvet anything. Very cool.

Saw 4 does and a buck tonight. The does were out of range but not the buck. I let it walk and wonder if I'm going to regret that decision.

16-Sep-20
Wow, congrats guys on a couple of awesome bucks and nice stories to go with them.

16-Sep-20
Nice buck Ryan, it is a rare experience to shoot a buck still in the velvet in WI, but you are the third person I have seen that shot one. I saw another nice ten pointer still with velvet at the Meat Block in Greenville, when I dropped my deer off to be caped out.

17-Sep-20
Awesome job guys! Congrats. I only sat twice so far with only 3 does and fawns sighted. Only have one 2.5 yr old buck on camera (out of a handful of cams.) Hopefully, a more productive weekend starting tomorrow.

17-Sep-20
Hunted some public land along the river last night. No deer seen.

18-Sep-20
Well, had my first outing last night in an area I regularly hunt. It sure looked dismall, no acorns in any of the oak groves I walked. It turned into more of a scouting/stump shooting affair after seeing very little sign at one spot I was going to sit. So I walked through a few of my spots in that area, did not look good. I did drive under a guy sitting in a treestand over the road? The well used forest road came to a tee and he was sitting in a tree at the tee. I was nice and waved to him as I drove under him, he should have a clearance sign under his stand though, LOL. Heading North to Phillips for the weekend this afternoon, generally see deer up there.

18-Sep-20
I have not hunted yet but this morning I was out trying to photograph the elk near Clam Lake. I heard two bugling until around 8:30 AM. They never stepped into the clearing I was standing in but tghay got close. I walked to a few places scouting and located two fresh scrapes. The first of the year.

I will be checking trailcams this afternoon and back out filming Saturday. The winds look wrong for my stands so I won't hunt unless they change direction.

18-Sep-20
One doe seen tonight but out of range.

18-Sep-20
Missed a good one tonight. He hit my scent stream, locked up, and i went right over. He was the 17th deer of the evening. Private land.

19-Sep-20
Haven't got out yet. 12 deer in the cut corn field again at 6:45. I turned the corner to go home and they all trotted into the woods headed toward my house. 2 stayed in the field, one looked pretty big, but to dark to see if any had horns. Hoping to get some pain meds when I see the neuro surgen on Tuesday, Right now I can't sit still, so its pointless for me to go out just to spook anything that happens to come by.

19-Sep-20

Novice's embedded Photo
Novice's embedded Photo
Bummer Noc. Xtroutx hope you get better. I had a great sit last night. 2 bucks and 6 gobblers entertained me. Here's a pic of the bigger of the 2. Still a little young. Wish there was a pic rotate feature on the mobile version.

• Sitka Gear