FredBear76 13-Sep-20
longspeak74 14-Sep-20
Muskybuck 26-Sep-20
Pete-pec 26-Sep-20
stagetek 26-Sep-20
13-Sep-20

FredBear76's embedded Photo
FredBear76's embedded Photo
Any thoughts on this hole I came across yesterday? Thinking it might be a wolf den. Richland County

13-Sep-20
What's it smell like?

13-Sep-20
Find any hair? The users usually leave some behind. I'm thinking a hole in the ground that has been used by lots of critters. From snakes to Grey fox to woodchucks to ? If it is a wolf you would see hair

13-Sep-20
I didn't stick my head close enough to smell it... I didn't see any hair, but it was raining pretty good. I've just never come across a hole this big. You can also see sizable rocks that the animal dug out. Thinking I'll stick a trail cam on it and see what happens.

14-Sep-20
I'd say coyote before a wolf, especially in Richland County. Depending where in RC, could even be a bear.

26-Sep-20

Muskybuck's embedded Photo
Muskybuck's embedded Photo
I came across this den last weekend while scouting and wish I would have had a trail camera along to set up by it. It looked like it was freshly dug this summer with no tracks or hair evident. It was dug into a steep bank and was about 1.5 ft. tall and 2.5" wide. It was very intelligently dug with a large root supporting the top. Any ideas?

26-Sep-20
First picture I'd guess badger because of the stones dug out. Badgers are incredible diggers. The second I'd guess bear because of dimensions plus the root. That doesn't mean another animal won't take up residence once the hole is abandoned. We had a couple bear dens that held porcupines. I could be wrong on both.

26-Sep-20
Badgers are ferocious diggers. They would move those rocks with no problem. That would be my guess.

• Sitka Gear