Contributors to this thread:
Ole giezer 14-Sep-20
AZBUGLER 14-Sep-20
dirtclod Az. 15-Sep-20
Knothead 15-Sep-20
Ole giezer 15-Sep-20
Ole giezer 15-Sep-20
14-Sep-20
Day 3 or archery bull in 6A. I havent seen or heard an elk since I was up here scouting a week ago. Lots of shreaded trees but not even a cow to be found. Been high and hiked between tanks. Most tanks are dried up . Forest is crunchy dry. The couple of tanks with water close by usually have UTVs parked near them. Havent seen very many hunters. Currently hunting northwest side of unit. Any ideas?

14-Sep-20
Wow! Relocate immediately. You should be seeing elk if nothing else. I’d get out early (like 2:30am) and listen for bugles. When you find one you will find 100.

15-Sep-20
Always alot of pressure in 6A, try the sancuaries and the roughest ugliest and thickest stuff out there... Good Luck!

15-Sep-20
Don't forget west side of I-17. Crazy how few hunters venture over there. Below Rocky park rd can be really good.

15-Sep-20
Thanks for the advice. I guess I was a little stubborn to move. I saw two decent bulls in this area labor day weekend. Decided to hike into a new area about a mile away. Lots of sign, beds and semi fresh scat....still no elk. About 3am I did hear a bugle more like a squeal. Just one time. I couldn't locate from which direction. Day 5 and my feet are tired.

15-Sep-20
Thanks for the advice. I guess I was a little stubborn to move. I saw two decent bulls in this area labor day weekend. Decided to hike into a new area about a mile away. Lots of sign, beds and semi fresh scat....still no elk. About 3am I did hear a bugle more like a squeal. Just one time. I couldn't locate from which direction. Day 5 and my feet are tired.

• Sitka Gear