Rut Nut 18-Sep-20
Yodameister 21-Sep-20
Rut Nut 21-Sep-20
Yodameister 21-Sep-20
Rut Nut 21-Sep-20
Reid15 21-Sep-20
horsethief51 21-Sep-20
18-Sep-20
I’m about a half hour from heading home to pack for tomorrow’s hunt with my brother in western PA. I’ll be picking Dalton up from school at 3 then heading west. Perry keeps texting me with plans for the 5C Hunt. The anticipation is almost more than I can handle! I love this time of year !

18-Sep-20
Best of luck hunters

18-Sep-20
Are you hunting around Pittsburgh somewhere? Season doesn't start here for a couple more weeks. Have fun.

18-Sep-20
LOL! Curtis! I won;'t text you anymore.................... ;-)

He's hunting 2B Art.

21-Sep-20
Yes, in and around Pittsburgh.

It’s odd to travel 3 hours to hunt deer in the city. There were 7 of us hunting in two groups at two different places in the morning and in a third spot in the evening where we spread out.

My 8 year old son and I had a crossbow. He had the green light on any legal buck and I was trying for a doe. We had a doe and two young ones come by at first light. I took a broadside shot at 25 yards. I couldn’t see the hit but I heard it thump her good and she raised up her front end slightly before disappearing into the thicket. We waited an hour and then my brother came to help us look for her. I struggle to see blood sometimes but my brother is a bloodhound. We found no blood or hair at the initial spot and only had running tracks to follow. In the process of searching for her we kicked up 2 other deer and my brother in law shot the big doe. Then we got word that my dad’s cousin got a little button buck. It seems mamma was getting nervous and wouldn’t present a shot so he took the youngster. Well, we combed the area several times looking for my doe but never found a drop of blood. I am still baffled as to what happened. The thing that makes the most sense to me was that she ducked and my shot hit high and stayed in her, plugging the holes of a non lethal hit.

For the evening hunt we Spread out on a bigger piece of property. Dalton and I set up in a blind and my dad was on a hillside nearby. My nephew wasn’t in his stand 20 minutes and had a nice 8 point come by. He put it down in 30 yards.

We saw a big doe and two little ones heading my dads direction but she caught him moving and vacated the area with a few blows. Then another big doe with two tagalongs went down the same trail towards him. The big doe knew something was amiss and kept stomping around but continued moving closer. Eventually we heard the crossbow discharge and the impact of the bolt. She didn’t go far.

That made 4 for the day for our group of 7 hunters (should have been 5 had I not messed up my opportunity). It was a great start to the early season!

21-Sep-20
WOW! Lots of action and deer hitting the ground- sounds like a great day! : )

21-Sep-20

Yodameister's embedded Photo
My nephew with his biggest buck to date
Yodameister's embedded Photo
My nephew with his biggest buck to date

21-Sep-20
AWESOME! Tell him CONGRATS!

21-Sep-20
That's a busy day. Congratulations!

21-Sep-20
Sweeeeeet.

• Sitka Gear