xtroutx 24-Sep-20
ground hunter 24-Sep-20
Hoot 24-Sep-20
Muskybuck 24-Sep-20
orionsbrother 25-Sep-20
Sidekick 26-Sep-20
DoorKnob 03-Oct-20
23-Sep-20
Looks like my season is over before I ever got started. I am waiting for a call to do my pre-op for back surgery. Surgeon gave me some pain killers yesterday so I could sit, but they make me to shaky to ethically shoot. Maybe late season, time will tell. I will miss mentoring my grand daughter on the youth hunt more than anything. Good luck to all of you this season. I will be following your success stories.

23-Sep-20
Sorry to hear about your situation and I wish it were different for you. Something like this would be very tough for most of us on this forum. I am sure we all wish you well and will hope for a recovery to allow you to get back in the woods as soon as possible. Good luck to you.

23-Sep-20
Sorry to hear. I know how you feel after being laid up most of last season. Hope your surgery is successful and your recovery is speedy.

23-Sep-20
I feel your pain X....been there done that. After over a dozen orthopedic surgeries there is nothing worse than real pain....not what most call "pain".

When it comes to pain meds I have never been able to take what they tell you to take, unless you want to see pink elephants in your room. I usually bite or cut the pills and take enough to take the edge off the pain. I don`t care for that "shaky, brain on fire feeling" either.

Best of luck and don`t let it get you down....the mental aspect is very important to recovery.

23-Sep-20
Trade your bow for a camera. You can still make a good shot. And you will be in the woods. Think of it as Catch & Release.

23-Sep-20
That sucks, I would dread something like that happening this time of year. Hopefully late season you can get out. I quit softball years ago because I did not want something to happen playing a silly game that would affect my Fall.

23-Sep-20
Cannot put a price tag on your health...Good luck and mend fast!!

23-Sep-20
Sorry to hear. I assume you have exhausted other alternative treatments, but if not there may be other options, even if temporary. I've had my own battles with back issues, arthritis, and tendonitis. For a couple years in a row a chiropractor has saved my Archery and turkey seasons. Currently, getting treatment in my other arm, which has been just enough to allow me to pull back. I quit going to my primary care doctor as the first visit for pain issues. First call is the chiropractor for me now. Best wishes for a speedy recovery xtroutx.

23-Sep-20
Well that sucks man! Is there anything you might need? Thanks for the well-wishes, knowing your season is all but done. I sure hope surgery fixes what's wrong,and you're back at it next year!

24-Sep-20
Novice, I have put this off for over 10 yrs now. Trust me, if I could put if off 3 more months some how I would. Its time. Thank you all for your kind words and wishes.

24-Sep-20
good luck to you, and God bless..... you will do fine.....................

24-Sep-20
Best of luck to you and a quick recovery.

24-Sep-20
Sometimes you just have to write off a season to get yourself better. I had to several years ago and I constantly reminded myself that having the surgery would extend the number of years I could chase whitetails. Best of luck.

25-Sep-20
Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover quickly.

26-Sep-20
I feel your pain. Had a total knee replacement last summer that cost me the season. When I'm usually hanging my stand & set up a ground blind, I was doing physical therapy. Hated missing the season but the surgery was needed & worth the temporary pain to be able to finally walk pain free.

03-Oct-20
I guess you have no option. But ... last place I'd want to be right now is in a WI hospital with c19 raging. Best of luck

• Sitka Gear