esean 06-Nov-20
Wv hillbilly 08-Nov-20
Old Reb 10-Nov-20
CAS_HNTR 13-Nov-20
btnbuck 14-Nov-20
Poppy 14-Nov-20
Poppy 14-Nov-20
26-Sep-20
I didn’t get out yet but hope to soon. Anyone go out today?

26-Sep-20
I didn’t get out yet but hope to soon. Anyone go out today?

26-Sep-20
Took my youngest daughter this morning. No action. Sat a different property this evening with the stick bow. Saw a doe and fawn.

27-Sep-20
Not yet.....cold front comming

28-Sep-20
Took my Daughter Sat, saw 4 doe. She got a shot but deer ducked the shot. Went Sunday morning and saw only Turkey. Deer were coming out of a corn field. Only hunted morning.

28-Sep-20
I missed opening day but took today off work to sit in a tree.. no action yet..sure beats the factory tho!

29-Sep-20

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
My neighbors son killed this buck in summit county. Great 8! His first P&Y. Gross 151!

01-Oct-20
Nice deer! Congrats to the hunter. I’ve been out a three times and haven’t seen much action yet. I did manage a 123lb dressed out doe the other evening though when 4 came through late in the afternoon. So far the only ones I’ve seen. Northern Ohio. Seems to be a fair amount of white oaks dropping here also.

03-Oct-20

CAS_HNTR's embedded Photo
I hunted yesterday....broke the ice!

05-Oct-20
Congrats CAS. I am still trying to do the same. Seeing some just not close enough.

05-Oct-20
Nice!

09-Oct-20

Old Reb's embedded Photo
Old Reb's embedded Photo
My son Jack took this Huron County buck on Oct. 4th.

10-Oct-20
Nice thread keep it going !

Great pic's and comments

10-Oct-20
Let keep'er rolling.

Hunted Friday PM and Saturday AM......in one word, too hot! Gotta hunt when I can though.

I didnt see squat Friday but did see 6 bucks this AM..... unfortunately all spikes, forks, and basket racked 6s. Those little peckers are getting excited it seems!

11-Oct-20

btnbuck's embedded Photo
btnbuck's embedded Photo
Last I've hunted was Thursday. Ended up taking two does and saw a second buck of the year...a 5pt. The first one was I saw was a spike a few days ago.. Acorns are really dropping now but it seems the deer are still feeding on the green stuff mostly.

A few of my buddy's are starting to see some larger bucks on their feet lately.

11-Oct-20
Congrats to everyone who has filled a tag. Hopefully I'll fill one. :)

12-Oct-20
Congrats to all that have filled a tag/tags. The weekend coming up looks to be colder and I hope to get out.

15-Oct-20
Unfortunately I have not been out hunting yet and had to go back to CT for a family emergency. But my cell cams are showing an uptick in buck movement and some of the bigger bucks are filtering back in. Good sign. Can't wait to get back there and get after them.

17-Oct-20

Wv hillbilly 's embedded Photo
Shot this one yesterday evening.
Shot this one yesterday evening.
Hope all is well and you get back out soon Pat

18-Oct-20
Hope everything works out for the best Pat.

Congrats WV. Nice doe.

I was out Saturday (SE OH) and the small bucks are trolling a lot. Does seemed to be kinda scarce. The two I did see weren’t going anywhere in a hurry.

Good luck all.

18-Oct-20
i have only seen one white flag in 7 different times in the woods

19-Oct-20
Didn't hunt but from the road yesterday, seen 3 bucks together chasing does around a field... Am sure at least one was in estrus or close to it...

19-Oct-20
Saw some good movement Friday evening. Nothing rest of the weekend.

22-Oct-20
I went out to check on my cameras and to exchange the cards. Left the house a little after 8 this morning. Driving to the areas that I hunt. Saw quite a few deer in the fields. Got to my one stand, an within 25 yards of the stand, there are 3 scrapes, 6 rubs on trees that range from 2 1/2-4 inches. Being very care on how much I hunt it. Every time in I see any where from 6 to 15 Does and fawns. Acorns litter the ground. Scouted to the second stand, an found 9 more large rubs. Right by that stand there is 2 scrapes. Last year, there was 10 scrapes in a row in about 50 yards. Hiked to the other stand, found 3 rubs on old trees with old rubs. Going to start to give it heck starting Monday. Plan on using my snort-wheeze call. Had great success with it last year.

22-Oct-20

Just wanted to put this up here......get out there!

25-Oct-20

MnM's embedded Photo
MnM's embedded Photo
Saw 5 bucks yesterday morning, this one gave me the shot.

25-Oct-20
Congrats!!

26-Oct-20
I hunted yesterday morning and had a yearly buck push a doe by me but he did not pursue her once she moved off. Saw a buck fawn by himself and another yearly buck cruising about 10 am. The winds are too unstable and not in a good direction for me right now or I would hunt a little more.

26-Oct-20
Recurve kill....pretty sweet. Congrats.

Unfortunately I did not follow my own advice and raked leaves and farted around the house this weekend. Next weekend I'm gonna be in the tree for sure.

Pat, have you been able to get our on your new place?

26-Oct-20
CAS, had my first hunt here this afternoon. Saw three bucks and 17 does.

I’m thrilled with this property. I have five shooters and over 20 rack bucks.

26-Oct-20
CAS, had my first hunt here this afternoon. Saw three bucks and 17 does.

I’m thrilled with this property. I have five shooters and over 20 rack bucks.

01-Nov-20
Pat, that sounds pretty fantastic. What county is your property in?

I'm heading down to Hardin county tomorrow for a couple weeks.

02-Nov-20

goyt's embedded Photo
goyt's embedded Photo
Great buck movement by us for the last few days except for during the high winds yesterday. This guy went out treat or treating before dark on Halloween and it did not end well for him.

02-Nov-20
Congrats on the buck, beautiful 10.

I hunted most of the weekend and saw several little dinks. Did have a decent 9 pt at 40 yards on Friday PM but not quite shooter size this year.

Not seeing much for bigger bucks right now on our properties.

02-Nov-20
They are cruising hard now but my top four shooters are still Nocturnal.

I’m in Carroll county

03-Nov-20
Hi Pat, I hunted around Leesville Lake and Atwood Lake public lands last weekend. saw a few small bucks and couple doe with fawns. Have a friend down now and seeing the same. Just small bucks.

04-Nov-20
Niccccce buck goyt, CONGRATS!

04-Nov-20
Sat this evening for the last 3 hours of the day but did not see any activity. That said, my family is very busy with their farming operations (fall harvest) and have noted an uptick in deer activity the last two days. I'm a fan of November 7th and 8th every year. This weather isn't helping us but prime time is knocking on the door.

05-Nov-20
Zbone, Thanks. It is always a thrill.

05-Nov-20
Tuesday afternoon was plain weird for me. There were two fawns feeding on rye about 22 yards from me as I climbed into a tree being careful. As I was stepping into my stand I saw a doe watching me from the woods. She had clearly seen me moving and I was in clear view of her but she was more interested in a deer about 60 yards from her a 90 degrees from me. I got into the stand and she certainly watched part of it. She never spooked from me but finally went to the other deer which may have been one of her fawns that she may have left to be breed. Your guess is as good as mine. All afternoon was constant deer movement. Bucks were chasing does and the does did not appear to be trying too hard to get away. I had deer down wind of a lot and the wind was not real stable but nothing snorted or blew out. They would test the wind, get a little more nervous and then ignore me. It seemed like the does were more concerned about being found by bucks than they were afraid of me. It was difficult to keep track of all of the goings on and at one point a mature doe saw me move and moved off a little. Then I heard walking and thought that it was one of the fawns so I just watched. You guessed it, it was the mature doe which presented a nice broadside pose. I finally got my bow up up but never got the shot I wanted even those she kept moving around avoiding other deer. A buck finally came by an pushed her away. This is the most careless I remember seeing deer act toward a human. My buck tag is full so I was doe hunting but I did not see a buck older than 2 1/2.

06-Nov-20
Who said they hunker down in high winds? Had a large buck casually feed within 20 yds, along with a couple of fawns, at sunset Sunday while I was getting whipped around in my treestand. Saw two more cruising that day too. Went for a hike this morning and had a big 8-pt walk within 25 yds. Tons of buck movement since Halloween.

08-Nov-20

Shot this one yesterday evening
Shot this one yesterday evening
Saw six different bucks yesterday morning. No does

10-Nov-20

Old Reb's embedded Photo
Old Reb's embedded Photo
My son Devin filled his tag November 7th.

13-Nov-20
I hunted all day today, two different properties. Saw 3 little bucks this AM and 6 little bucks this PM. Where are the big boys?!?!

14-Nov-20
A buddy shot a doe yesterday with a buck following her. He already took a buck. The buck (140 ish) wouldn’t leave, kept trying to get her up. Soon another buck joined them (smaller). Finally, after 45 minutes he got down and chased them away and as he was field dressing her two more bucks came in and he had keep looking over his shoulder to make sure they kept their distance.

I’m seeing a lot of buck activity but it’s early and late as it seems things are winding down a little bit around here. (Unless they find a hot one).

14-Nov-20
Here in lower southwest Ohio, there chasing big time, I would hafts say it’s ON ! Get out if ya have time

14-Nov-20
Here in lower southwest Ohio, there chasing big time, I would hafts say it’s ON ! Get out if ya have time

• Sitka Gear