Jeff Durnell 30-Sep-20
DozRdeer2 02-Oct-20
Nemophilist 29-Oct-20
Nemophilist 29-Oct-20
horsethief51 29-Oct-20
rust4brains 01-Nov-20
Bowhunting 5C 01-Nov-20
29-Sep-20
Personally not impressed with the purple paint for marking private property. Extremely hard to see in vegetation and low light conditions. The white signs stand out way better IMHO. I understand the reason but not the color. With the tree trunks wet the purple just doesn't show up to my eyes and I know the area. Be careful.

29-Sep-20
I don't disagree but it has become the standard in states. It wasn't like PA picked the color, we are for once just catching up with the times. It makes it easier on landowners and realistically in this day and age it's also very easy to know where you are as a hunter as well.

29-Sep-20
The idea is great, the color is about the WORST choice for visibility! : (

Some florescent color would have been the logical choice!

29-Sep-20
Agreed. I believe the first time I ran across the purple paint was in KS. Easy to spot in those midwestern areas as they only have to hit a corner post. FWIW I paint a big white spot then a purple mark inside that. Much easier to spot but means I'm carrying a few cans.

29-Sep-20
What does purple represent? Boundary line?

29-Sep-20
No trespassing, hunting or other wise as I understand it. Doesn't seem like it been conveyed to the general public very well in the Commonwealth. When it was enacted it made the news.

Chris, your white paint sure would make a difference.

29-Sep-20
Jeff. I wonder what color Harry Carry sees on those trees?

29-Sep-20
Hmm not sure I ever saw purple

29-Sep-20
I think we should use pink paint. same color as the envelope for doe tag applications, that always works great for that application.

29-Sep-20
I would have preferred another color also. I'm partially colorblind and something brighter would be easier to see.

That being said, it's one more reason why I like onx (unpaid endorsement).

29-Sep-20
LOL Dale, Not sure Bob but the voices are singing purple rain right now.

29-Sep-20
"NO HUNTING" means good hunting! :)

30-Sep-20
A 1"x8" stripe is all that's needed every 100'.

30-Sep-20
The one property I have seen marked with paint had marks WAY bigger than 1x8....it was more like 8x24 or 30......plenty easy to see...if it wasn't covered up by leaves. That landowner definitely went through some paint though....

30-Sep-20
The applications aren't PINK, Dale...........................................just the ENVELOPES! ;-)

30-Sep-20
I wish I knew what the colour "purple" looked like. Hawkeye: leave "my voices" alone!

30-Sep-20

Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
Dude I print my doe apps out On pink paper, mailed in Pink envelopes. It all works great. Theres always that one guy......

30-Sep-20
I saw yesterday while mushroom hunting where some moron painted purple on trees on Moraine State Park. Definitely not his property. I grew up there, know the boundry and have been hunting there for over 40 years, virtually my backyard. Trail camera there too. I walked right by, picked my mushrooms and left. Idiot.

And I agree, purple sucks, very hard to see. Might as well have picked brown.

02-Oct-20
Making it the responsibility of landowners to mark their property via paint to keep others (those who KNOW they don't own it) off, makes little sense to me. Posting with signs ("didn't see them") or paint ("can't see that color") will do nothing to change the behavior of those who do not respect the property of others. Sadly, a lack of either signs or paint will allow trespassers to beat any prosecution.

29-Oct-20
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=35&sctn=3&subsctn=0

29-Oct-20
I remember about 15 or 18 years ago I was hunting some state game lands I hunt in Indiana County and someone posted part of the state game lands. I've hunted this same state game lands since the 1970s so I knew where the boundary lines were. When I got home I went and told a game warden that lives near me about it and he said he would look into it. He got back to me and told me someone had indeed illegally posted part of the state game lands. He said the game commission removed the signs.

29-Oct-20
The best thing to do is require hunters to carry permission slips from the land owner.

01-Nov-20
I have yet to see purple paint anywhere around where I live. I expected to see it everywhere.

01-Nov-20
As "the most passed down tradition in PA" systemic trespassing in PA will not be solved simply by paint. Make the laws tougher and make them permanent. Put a lot more teeth in legislation and make those guilty pay a huge fine, the only way people will stop trespassing in Pa is simple, take their cash. They ignore rows of visible yellow signs, warned multiple times, purple paint will never mean anything to those that do it except when we make it tougher for them to do it.

• Sitka Gear