onX Maps
Deer lease with minors
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Milkman 03-Oct-20
Tatertot 04-Oct-20
Habitat 13-Oct-20
03-Oct-20
I really need some advice. I am on a 3rd year lease which was found by one of my best hunting buddies ever. After the 1st year he decided he didn’t want to be on the lease anymore and because I am disabled and hard to reach at times we elected to allow a friend of my Hunting buddies who was on the lease the first year take over collecting and mailing our lease money every year. (STAY WITH ME THAT WAS CONFUSING FOR ME) So last season was year number two and the first time we had an open spot on the lease. The person responsible for collecting the money very quickly said he would either pay two thirds or we would find a very solid bow hunter we could trust. I came up with a couple however he mentioned bringing his brother in on the lease. (BROTHER IS A SUPER GOOD GUY DOESNT HUNT MUCH AT ALL) prior to the season the first member and I had a discussion about my then 15 yr old son. When the lease was originally started all agreed my son is a minor we don’t count him on the lease. During a brief conversation after deciding his brother would fill the spot we had the conversation about my son. He was just super nice and in agreement about him being silent on the lease. (KEEP IN MIND I AM DISABLED IN MY LOWER BODY FROM A FALL YEARS AGO THOUGH I CAN WALK THATS ABOUT THE EXTINT OF MY ABILITIES AT DEER LEASE ANYMORE) My son and a young man went to the lease per my BB instructions where to go hang two bow sites as I am not any help hanging a stand anymore. I received one of very man ugly text to follow with a pic of my son and the young man helping him on the way to our spots! He began to say that my son was not on the lease and the person with him definitely wasn’t what we’re they doing on the lease. To sum this up what myself and my hunting buddy who originally found the land ,started the lease but got off the lease after first year feel like is he is trying to make me upset and want to get off the lease because it’s 800 acres that 1 or 2 people could easily afford! He wants it all to himself. He was really jabbing me about my son being out there hanging the stands instead of me and carrying on. He then brought up the conversation we had about my son last year when he acted all happy and in agreement about my son being silent on the lease and said he had been mad since that day! He continued by saying his name was not on the lease mine is. (MY SON HAS BEEN TAUGHT MANAGEMENT SKILLS SINCE THE AGE OF 5 AND TAKES HIS BOW HUNTING SERIOUS!HE IS ALSO VERY RESPONSIBLE AND RESPECTFUL OF GOD CREATION AND OTHERS BOUNDARIES) My question is how old should a lease members child be before they are named on the lease? I have always practiced that my son and I share deer instead of both of us tagging out we may harvest 2 deer a year instead of me taking two myself! I feel like he wants me off the lease because we got on it at a steal for our area but I want to do what’s right and fair but also will not give up easy! I mentioned during his rant texting today that we just needed to add him (MY SON)to the lease next year instead of waiting until he was 18 and he didn’t r Ed pond to that comment!? Advice/opinions had to handle this anyone? (BY THE WAY I HUNT 1 CORNER ABOUT 20% OF THE LEASE TO STEER CLEAR OF THE OTHER TWO LEASERS BECAUSE I HAVE MY SON OUT THERE AND DIDNT WANT TO SPREAD OUT ALL OVER THE LEASE)

04-Oct-20
I suppose that any type of lease or rental agreement wouldn't be exactly legal concerning a minor. I hear what you're saying about feeling like the guy wants you out. But it's still your deal from day one and worth hanging on to. Hopefully you can resolve the dispute with the other guy.

13-Oct-20
I would kick him off and add your son

• Sitka Gear