Rob in VT 05-Nov-20
Hunter3 06-Nov-20
Rob in VT 06-Nov-20
Hunter3 08-Nov-20
05-Oct-20

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Any luck?

I was fortunate to take this Vermont 6pt Saturday afternoon. He dressed 156lbs. Was a liver hit so it was a long tracking job. He went about 300 yards. I have seen 3 bucks and 2 doe on 5 sits. There seems to be a lot of deer around.

Good luck to all. It will be strange not rifle hunting this year.

05-Oct-20
Congrats Rob. Nice looking buck.

05-Oct-20
Congrats Rob. Nice looking buck.

06-Oct-20
Congrats man,Hey rob private Or public ?

06-Oct-20

It was on my property. I do a lot of habitat improvement. I have taken some decent bucks over the past several years.

07-Oct-20
Nice one!! I’m new to this site too btw!! I do habitat improvements on my property as well I just posted a bunch of trail cam pictures! You have any good pics of him over the summer?

07-Oct-20

Lots.

23-Oct-20
Nice I posted some of mine on the VT trail camera threads!check em out!!

23-Oct-20
My pictures say K next to them

30-Oct-20

New England Huntah's embedded Photo
New England Huntah's embedded Photo
Just posted a new pic of my target buck!

30-Oct-20
Nice looking buck NE!

Anyone else shooting deer in VT? Seems pretty quiet on here.

03-Nov-20
From CT. Rob your deer look great. Guess you're managing the property really well. I do a lot of bowhunting in CT but am headed up north for the gun season this year. Do you think the opportunities have improved this year? Do you think the opportunities are getting better for bowhunting in VT in 2021? Out of curiosity what zone are you in. Thanks.

03-Nov-20
Yes the opportunities have increased for bow hunting. The big one is that you can bow hunt right now (early Nov). The chasing will begin soon and we can now be in a tree stand. Overall I have seen plenty of bucks over the past 4 years. I do a lot of habitat improvement so I attribute much of my sightings to that and low pressure on my property.

Good luck during rifle. This will be the first year ever that I haven’t Rifle hunted in VT. I’m in zone H

04-Nov-20
I have checked the regs yet, but I heard you can bow hunt into Dec. Is that true? I'll let you know how I make out in a a couple of weeks. Thx.

04-Nov-20
I believe bow season is shut down during the 16 day rifle season. Other than that you can hunt straight through to Dec 15.

05-Nov-20
I'm headed to zone D - Eden area to a place my brother and I constructed many (many) years ago. It's less for the deer and more for the comradery, although preliminary reports suggest a good year for bucks. Curious why you're not hunting the gun season. Any grouse in your area?

05-Nov-20
This is the first year Vermont allows only one buck per year. Since I shot mine in archery season I can’t harvest another buck, so no rifle hunting for me.

Yeah we have some grouse. Population is starting to come back.

06-Nov-20
Its great to hear that the grouse around starting to make a come back. Sounds good. Will you be back out after the gun season?

06-Nov-20
I have an antlerless Muzzleloader tag.

08-Nov-20
Good Luck.

• Sitka Gear