Supernaut 15-Oct-20
Rut Nut 15-Oct-20
horsethief51 16-Oct-20
Reid15 16-Oct-20
horsethief51 16-Oct-20
09-Oct-20
Good luck.

09-Oct-20
4 guys are her this evening with stick bows to hunt does tomorrow. One more will be here before we leave for the woods. Been doing this for 5 or so years, not really sure. First requirement is that they are all UBP members.

09-Oct-20
Good luck, takes some great skill with the stick trad bows.

10-Oct-20
Heading out.

10-Oct-20
Shot a big Doe in Union Co Weds night at our family cabin in Weikert.

10-Oct-20
Horsethief51,

Every weekend is Stickbow Weekend at my place. :)

Hvac Tech is on his way here now for the evening hunt. We can get a dozen or so trad guys together for our annual Fire and Ice late season deer hunt.

10-Oct-20
Sounds like a good time, Art. Sorry I can't partake since I'm not a member :^) At least I don't think so. Can't remember now. But I think I'm still a stickbow user... that count for anything? You know I don't care. Lol.

I saw 6 deer this week. One buck. A spike, or something similar, 2 or 3 point... thank Alt for antler restrictions. Some turks. Squeeks. On gamelands 95, eating chestnuts... imagine that :^) Picked and ate some, and a mess of mushrooms, making venison/mushroom chili today. Gotta get back to it. Enjoy the season my brother. Let's all celebrate autumn together. Does it get any better?

Luv this.

10-Oct-20
4 deer after dark, on my way back to the truck. Putting up another stand next week to hopefully get a crack at one.

10-Oct-20
My son in law stood by his tree and had tension on his recurve string as eight does and fawns closed to less than 10yd. He got busted:) Hvac Tech saw two. I saw squirrels. Wonderful evening!

10-Oct-20
Sounds like a fun night Red.

11-Oct-20
Heading up to the Adirondacks Next week to do some camp/canoe and fish recon for future bowhunting adventures. Brooke, Parker and myself Enjoying some Solitude and several campfires. When I return friday, Ill go out for the first time this year:) No one has, as of yet, bowhunted the public ground I hunt upon, nary a soul:)

11-Oct-20
How did the stick bow hunt work out horsethief 51?

12-Oct-20
I was part of the 2D Trad Hunt. Had a great day on Saturday but no shots. Had 5 deer circle below me at 40y then started to come straight up to me thru the only thick spot of course. Lead doe got to 10y but no clear shot, then either winded me or caught movement and turned and trotted back out to 40 and stopped. Then kept staring up in my direction for 10 min doing the head bob trying to pick me out. She eventually left and another one did the same thing for 5 min until it walked off.

In the PM heard and then saw 2 deer spook and then hightail it out of there at 50y about 5pm. Was trying to figure out what spooked them when about 5 seconds later I see a dark silhouette moving thru the brush then take off after the deer. Managed to get a few seconds of video of the bear running thru the woods.

Had about as much fun as you could have without launching an arrow. ;-)

12-Oct-20
Today I am in the food plot blind with my compound. Had a deer come in to 15y at 6:55- had a heck of a time seeing it and could not tell what it was until it walked away 10 min later. Was still hard to be sure exactly what it was, but it had horns. Think it was the tall spike Nate saw here on Saturday.

12-Oct-20
Out this am in 1a, little brezzy nothing so far but tree rats.

12-Oct-20
Was only able to make it out on Saturday this past week in 2B. Heavy winds all day with very strong gusts. Saw a few squirrel and a fat ground hog passed under me but no deer, still beat work! Hoping to make it out a few evenings this week and of course Saturday.

Good luck all and stay safe!

12-Oct-20
It was a fun few days. I was busy getting the guys that had further to go to get to their spots get there. Good thing the guys that hunted the section closer to the house knew where they were going. Everybody saw deer and had fun. WE had some great grilling Saturday night. One of the guys did get a doe early this morning on a close ground blind job that did not require any tracking.

This afternoon I sat in a ground blind and at 6:30 four does were met on a mowed area around our pond by a half rack and a big buck I am looking for. The bucks were in complete chase mode and they chased the does around for a solid 10 minutes. They looked like they were on some crazy drug trip. They were even spinning around like a dog chasing their tails. They eventually ran off where I could not see them but before I left the blind one of the deer ran back down in front of me and made a quick 180 turn and headed back up the hill. It was wild and way too early for that kind of activity if you ask me.

12-Oct-20

Sawyer 's embedded Photo
Sawyer 's embedded Photo
Shot this guy at 7 yards Saturday evening in 1A. Hunting a scrape line along a small creek with red oaks raining down acorns.

13-Oct-20
Way to go. Rained hard here last night but Action News says it is already done here in WPA.

13-Oct-20
Nice buck Sawyer! Is it just me, or are there a lot of nice bucks being shot early this year?

Yes, it was a FUN weekend Art- glad I got to partake in the traditional fun this year- THANKS! : )

13-Oct-20
Great buck Sawyer, congrats!

13-Oct-20

HuntingAdict's embedded Photo
HuntingAdict's embedded Photo
Couple years of history with this guy, I have his sheds from past two seasons but he's only ever been a 7, basically a main frame 6 this year so decided it was time to shoot. Saturday night 3C about 30 yard shot.

13-Oct-20
WOW! What a big 6! Congrats on a great buck!

13-Oct-20
Thanks, I’ve been getting more daylight activity on camera than most years but very few of the guys I know personally have tagged bucks yet. Nice buck HuntingAdict!

13-Oct-20
Saw a doe and spike on a hilltop stand this morning. It was nice after the wind stopped blowing. Nicest evening in the woods tonight, yet this year. While sitting on a bench, just below the ridge at about 6:15, a 4 by 3 7 point walked right down the trail stopping at 18 and 12 yards. He never looked up. He followed the logging road 40 yards to the t and he made a left.

14-Oct-20
Great buck HuntingAddict, congrats!

14-Oct-20

Yodameister's embedded Photo
Yodameister's embedded Photo
Found this hog on my way into the woods yesterday evening. Good confidence boost after the opening day. Heard one deer blow at my dad after legal light. He saw 10 deer, just not in range.

14-Oct-20
No deer sightings in the woods this morning. Had to leave around 9 to go to Knox. On my way home I saw a doe being chased by a big buck across the road near Elk City.

14-Oct-20
All I have to say is what a beautiful sunset this evening!

15-Oct-20
Way to go Curtis- you ARE the VERMINATOR! ;-)

I spent the afternoon watching the Distict 2 Team Tennis Championships(and getting updates from all my buddies who were in their stands hunting), but on the way back from Hazleton last night saw a couple nice bucks along side the road(alive ;-)

15-Oct-20
Rut, this morning I sat in the stand we moved on Sunday. Most of the shots are under 14 yards so I was thinking that will be a good spot for you and Nate since it was the distance the shooting lessons were at. LOL. Heading out to the eye doctor this afternoon. Getting very windy and we may have a little rain.

15-Oct-20
Made it out after work yesterday evening, it was a beautiful day to be in the woods!

Saw a few hen turkey, squirrels and a farm cat on the prowl. Had a legal (3 up on the one side) but small 5 point walk by at 10 yards around 6:00. I told my wife I was going to shoot the first legal buck I saw this season as I know my hunting time may be limited due to work and family stuff. I did start to tighten the string on my recurve when I saw him coming but just watched him walk past. The thoughts of ending my season before things start heating up with the rut on a week night when it's warm and I'd have a lot of work to do with a dead deer and get up for work the next day popped into my head. I may regret this decision but I'll be back in the woods the next chance I get LOL.

Good luck to all and stay safe!

15-Oct-20
LOL! 14y Sounds good to me, Art! ;-)

16-Oct-20

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Chise bow ready
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Chise bow ready
From last Saturday.

16-Oct-20
Got out Wednesday evening and saw what I think was a small buck just after legal shooting time (again).

I had hip surgery this morning (arthroscopic, not replacement), so I'll be hunting vicariously through you guys for a couple weeks.

I'm hoping to be back at it just as things are heating up

16-Oct-20
I hope more guys start getting out. I am guessing some are making up for lost time earlier in the year. I had a hip fixed in the spring 10 years ago and made sure I did it early enough to be able to turkey hunt. LOL.

Had a flock of turkeys fly up to roost tonight. No deer sightings. Look for a bow hunter's moon tonight. Dress for a cold morning.

i did that 10 years

• Sitka Gear