Yodameister 22-Oct-20
Yodameister 23-Oct-20
horsethief51 23-Oct-20
averagejoe 27-Oct-20
PAbowhunter1064 27-Oct-20
averagejoe 27-Oct-20
Rut Nut 27-Oct-20
16-Oct-20
Obviously this should read third week. Third Saturday already. Can we shoot bears this week? Thanks to the UBP (Ned). Good luck and shoot straight!

17-Oct-20
2 does shuffled by me at 7:45 then 45 minutes later another doe being chased by a spike. My toes got frozen.

17-Oct-20
Seen over twenty deer one nice legal buck, and it was the first I was these woods. Some muzzle loader action going on.

17-Oct-20

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
I hunted a different stand until about 9:00am and saw nothing. Not surprising, the Solunar Table said minor game movement was ending around 7:30am. At 9:ooam I decided to move 200 yards across the hill to a different stand. I settled in, Solunar Tables said major game movement should be 11:30am to close to 3:00pm. Around 10:00 the wind changed direction and I had a spike wind me as he stood in the exact same spot I shot the deer in the picture. 20 minutes later the wind changed again, died down a bit, and all was normal. Around 11:00am I saw a tree shaking about 50 yards away and I knew it had to be a buck rubbing it. A short time later the deer started moving towards me and it cut the escape track of the spike and got real squirrely. He stood 40 yards away his head was bobbing & turning for several minutes. After he settled down he went to feeding. As I watched he turned and was heading up over the hill, away from me. For a few minutes all I coud see were the tops of his antlers. He started back towards me on a line that would bring him within longbow range. He stopped, turned and was walking left to right, then turned slightly giving me a good, slightly uphill, quartering away shot at 20 or so yards. I drew, anchored, released, heard the thud of the hit, and the deer just dropped like a bag of cement. He kicked for about 2 seconds and stopped. I coud see foamy blood pouring out where the arrow was. I looked at my watch, it was 12:00 noon exactly. I sat there for 30 minutes just to be sure he was dead before I got down to check him out. I pulled my arrow, no broadhead. I carefully dressed him out, not wanting to get my hands sliced by the the broadhead. I got all the entrails out, and cut away the diaphragm, but before I went after the lungs & heart I took a look inside the cavity. The broadhead was buried in the spine. The arrow entered through the last two ribs, taking out the liver & lungs, and embedded in the spine.

17-Oct-20
Nice!

17-Oct-20
Way to go Bob. Reminds me of some Gulph Mills deer.

18-Oct-20
Bob thats really a great deer! You did well man!

18-Oct-20
Congratulations Bob, nice deer!

18-Oct-20
Nice buck Bob- congrats!

18-Oct-20
Watched one of the nice 8 points i have been looking for walk right past my stand friday night. While i was hunting a stand on opposite side of the field. Filled my last doe tag yesterday morning. 5 weeks to try to find a good buck.

18-Oct-20
Nice deer Bob. Congrats!!!

18-Oct-20
Really nice buck.

18-Oct-20
Great buck Bob! Congrats.

19-Oct-20
Raining here this morning. Took a day off finally. Those turkeys were out in the field this afternoon.

19-Oct-20
Congrats to you Robert.

20-Oct-20
Nice buck Bob, congrats!

20-Oct-20
Way to go Bob!

21-Oct-20
Couple of deer were in the field when I left the woods last evening. 6 turkeys flew down about 20 yards away from me this morning.

21-Oct-20
Taking my daughter out tonight. A little breezy and warm. Will just be nice to get out and chill.....

21-Oct-20
Not quite 3:30 here and I am watching it rain. Trying to decide if I should just stay in.

22-Oct-20
We got the skunk last night.....no rain here but too warm.

22-Oct-20
It rain hard pretty much all day weds. and this morning it poured. According to the weather people. We are no longer in a deficit on the rain. Tuesday, we where 4.5 inches in the hole. Thats OK, it will bring the lakers into the creeks.

22-Oct-20
Skunked Saturday morning. Made a few pushes for bear yesterday but moved nothing. Found lots of bear damage in the corn.

Hunted from a blind yesterday evening but saw nothing.

22-Oct-20
Congrats on the nice buck bob

22-Oct-20
Congrats on the nice buck bob

22-Oct-20
Sorry for the double post. Some bear damage

22-Oct-20
Any insight on editing photo orientation with iPhone?

23-Oct-20

Yodameister's embedded Photo
Yodameister's embedded Photo
Thanks for the tip, Rut.

Got the bear damage picture oriented properly

23-Oct-20
6 Turkeys flew down again at about 40 yards this time. 2 does at 35 yards about 8:15. Big momma stopped when she stepped into my scent, turned around and left the way she came. Nice morning.

27-Oct-20

averagejoe's embedded Photo
14pts, one of the top three bucks on trail cam
averagejoe's embedded Photo
14pts, one of the top three bucks on trail cam
been a good season here. wishing all of you the same luck

27-Oct-20
Congratulations, Bob & Jason! Nice looking bucks!

Don't let that averagejoe guy kid you....he's way too modest, and one helluva hunter. He's completed the PA Triple Trophy twice now (turkey, buck, bear all in one season). If he ever gets lucky enough to draw a coveted PA bull elk tag, he'll pull off the PA Grand Slam! Had the pleasure of working with him for years, and he has certainly helped me out understanding more about deer, their habits, and tactics to put em' on the ground.

Good luck folks, and may your arrows continue to hit their mark!

27-Oct-20
Thanks pabowhunter1064. i may have to start entering the elk lotto.

27-Oct-20
That's a BETTER than average buck, Joe- CONGRATS! ;-)

• Sitka Gear