bas 27-Oct-20
mikewood 02-Nov-20
mikewood 02-Nov-20
G-MAN 13-Dec-20
Whackmaster 17-Aug-22
Whackmaster 17-Aug-22
pav 19-Aug-22
26-Oct-20
I have a 150 acre lease in the south eastern part of the state (Jefferson co.). I run multiple cameras on the property including 2 cellular cams. I’m getting some pics of does and fawns but no mature buck pics. Totally different from other years. Did EHD hit this area that hard?

26-Oct-20
The DNR tracks reports of suspected EHD and any testing results, statewide. View their map with results below. For Jefferson County, looks like there are no reports of suspected EHD in 2020.

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/8541.htm#map

26-Oct-20
The farm we hunt is on the Ripley / Jefferson county line. Big drainage runs right through the middle of the property, plus a couple ponds. I'm there at least every other week. Have not found any dead deer to date....and believe we're well past the potential at this point.

26-Oct-20
I should have been more specific. I was questioning about last years EHD problem. Which would affect this years herd as well.

26-Oct-20
I should have been more specific. I was questioning about last years EHD problem. Which would affect this years herd as well.

26-Oct-20
We found one suspected EHD kill in the creek...summer 2019. Never confirmed. Average deer sightings last hunting season. If the disease was present, it did not do much damage where we hunt. Of course....20 miles away...who knows?

27-Oct-20
We found 2 dead deer last year on the farm we lease by Vevay and several neighbors also found a deer or 2 dead. Wasn't a major outbreak but it definitely hit a little. Our numbers are still average with quite a few good bucks on cam this year. No dead deer found this year.

02-Nov-20

mikewood's embedded Photo
mikewood's embedded Photo
I'm in SW IN and we had some EHD outbreak in my county last year. I didn't get a single buck picture running five cameras all summer and fall... Until Oct. 20 , and so far I have identified 12 different bucks cruising my place including this guy that showed up last Fri. I sometimes have my best hunting season when summer bucks are scarce. When I have bucks spending the summer on my place they move elsewhere come pre rut time.

02-Nov-20
I'm in SW IN and we had some EHD outbreak in my county last year. I didn't get a single buck picture running five cameras all summer and fall... Until Oct. 20 , and so far I have identified 12 different bucks cruising my place including this guy that showed up last Fri. I sometimes have my best hunting season when summer bucks are scarce. When I have bucks spending the summer on my place they move elsewhere come pre rut time.

13-Dec-20
We have 14 hundred confirmed dead from EHD in the southern part of New York that they know off. Who knows how many for sure. G-MAN

17-Aug-22
I am not liking what I am seeing and hearing with EHD this year in Franklin county. 8 dead deer just on our place and adjoining properties. Franklin county has 99 of the 220 cases in the state so far. Who knows how many have not been reported. What a sad disease to take a toll on such a great resource. anyone else seeing it?

17-Aug-22
I am not liking what I am seeing and hearing with EHD this year in Franklin county. 8 dead deer just on our place and adjoining properties. Franklin county has 99 of the 220 cases in the state so far. Who knows how many have not been reported. What a sad disease to take a toll on such a great resource. anyone else seeing it?

19-Aug-22
We found a dead doe two weeks ago in Ripley county, but nowhere near water. She was roughly 100 yards from a neighbor's soybean field with road frontage. I'm guessing she was poached, but there wasn't any visible evidence to know for sure.

Typically, EHD breakouts are attributed to drought conditions. There has been plenty of moisture in the southern part of the state all summer. Thanks for the report though, I'll be keeping closer watch over the next couple months.

• Sitka Gear