Illinois
Contributors to this thread:
Newhunter1 03-Nov-20
jstephens61 03-Nov-20
LBshooter 25-Nov-20
MA-PAdeerslayer 22-Dec-20
Newhunter1 22-Dec-20
03-Nov-20
Ok...I know this is Bowsite...BUT...I need some information. I have a Remington 870 20 guage for my son for shotgun season. It had a Remington scope 2x7 but like a dummy, I put the scope on where the elevation was where the windage should have been and vice versa. When sighting it in I was so far right that I didn't know where I was shooting. Came back and found that my scope ring screws were stripped and were not seating after the shot. Came home and still installed it the same way (idiot), bore sighted the scope in and I had to continuously turn the windage and elevation to max it out. Didn't feel comfortable with the scope on the gun...went and bought a traditions muzzleloader scope for a .50 cal. My thought process was that if it will handle the recoil of the .50 it should in theory handle the recoil of a 20 guage shooting lightfield slugs or hornady slugs. When I looked over the directions it occurred to me that I had placed the previous scope wrong with the elevation and windage. Here's my question...will the traditions muzzloader scope 3x9 stay true with a Remington 870 20 gauge?

03-Nov-20
I run a Bushnell ML scope on a 1100 12ga with no issues.

25-Nov-20
As long as it's a rifle scope it will be fine.

22-Dec-20
Muzzleloader scope should be find for shotgun where they both recoil alike. And quick hard thump versus shooting a traditional rifle. I have a muzzleloader scope on my shotgun for out here in Massachusetts and I’ve never had a problem holding a group. Had it on since I bought the gun in 2015.

22-Dec-20
I put a vortex 4-12x40 rifle scope on it till I get my leupold back. Haven't shot a deer yet, but after 20 rounds making sure it was sighted in, it held dope.

• Sitka Gear