David Mitchell 07-Nov-20
Jack Whitmrie jr 07-Nov-20
Jack Whitmrie jr 07-Nov-20
gobbler 08-Nov-20
hookman 17-Nov-20
Bambamhunts 18-Nov-20
babysaph 18-Nov-20
06-Nov-20
I just want remind everyone that to make sure you use a lifeline and safety harness. My first day in Kansas started with some unexpected excitement. The stand that I was hunting came loose from the tree and rolled me out of it. Since I was attached to a lifeline, I simply stepped back on the climbing sticks, hooked up my lineman's belt and reattached the stand. The strap had slipped in the turn buckle and let the stand come loose dropping down the tree 2-3 feet. Nothing broke, just came loose. I doubled the extra strap back over the buckle and tied two knots in it and continued hunting. Had I not been tied in, it would have been a different story. Please everyone be careful and safe out there.

06-Nov-20
Great reminder. Glad everything worked out ok for you.

06-Nov-20
Glad you didn’t get hurt and good luck

07-Nov-20
How did you clean the stuff up in your pants so the deer wouldn't smell you?

07-Nov-20
Glad you are ok.

07-Nov-20
Jack, actually it kind of happened in slow motion. I felt the stand pull out from the tree a little. I turned to see how far it had moved, that's when it gave way. I had my tether already set above my head, so there wasn't any sudden jerk. I basically just stepped over onto the climbing sticks and said thank you Lord. I guess when the hunting's slow you have to make your own excitement. LOL

07-Nov-20
Wow, Greg, glad you're OK. That would be scary.

07-Nov-20
Glad you are ok, hope you guys get to seeing some KS monsters!

07-Nov-20
Glad you are ok, hope you guys get to seeing some KS monsters!

08-Nov-20
Glad it worked out well

17-Nov-20
Good news for a change in that case. Thank God you’re ok.

18-Nov-20
Just finished reading local paper. Martinsburg area hunter deceased in fall from tree stand. Prayers go out to his family. Kudos to you sir for wearing that harness. Good luck on you hunt.

18-Nov-20
Yea he was a guy that frequented out archery club. Sad

• Sitka Gear