Sand man 14-Nov-20
Sand man 15-Nov-20
Sand man 15-Nov-20
Sand man 15-Nov-20
Sand man 01-Dec-20
13-Nov-20

Sand man's embedded Photo
Been an interesting week. Lots of activity between 7am-9am with occasional cruising mid to late morning. The mature bucks in my area are all rutted up. They are starting to get a little careless and picking up the pace of their stride. Very deliberate and focused on finding a hot doe. Many are no longer scent checking bedding areas but pushing straight through them. Dead calm here this morning so I think I’ll being able to hear some activity this morning. I passed 2 pretty gnarley bucks on Tuesday that won’t be as lucky should either show up Thanksgiving week. Passed the one pictured at 8:25am yesterday. He needs another year or two. This morning it’s off to my best stand where the biggest deer on the 420 acres have showed up on camera during daylight. Still a lot of young bucks trying their best but the older bucks are starting to run them off when they see them. My apologies everyone for the jumbled, quick, almost panicked update. You’ll have to forgive me. I’m a little rutted up!

Good luck everyone.

Aim small. Miss small.

14-Nov-20
Yesterday was a rough day in the woods.

Seen 1 spike at 7:15am and then the property owner North of me had a trailer and was disassembling a portion of the rock wall and throwing all the rock into a trailer. This went on until 11am.

Decided to stick it out all day as the evening winds were perfect for this stand.

4:15pm. Somebody drives down the road with a feeder in the back of their truck. Slow until they got to my truck. Then they took off South and the next thing I know they are parked in the field across the road 275 yards from where I’m perched.

They got out of their truck shortly before 5pm chitter chatting and slammed either their door or tailgate.

Needless to say... no deer worked up the draw.

Whoever it was had left their truck with the feeder in the back. It was still there when I left at 6:30pm.

Only thing I can figure is perhaps they thought I was somebody parked along the road trespassing on that ground.

Don’t blame them if this was their mistaken perception.

NO TOLERANCE FOR TRESPASSING!!!

14-Nov-20
I agree, and hope your luck turns bud! Any day out-of-doors is a good day!

14-Nov-20
Ty

When it comes to brass taxes.. Yesterday I got in the stand and out and home safely. I get to go tomorrow and give it another go. Took today “off” just to relax and clear my head and get prepared for the all day sit starting in the morning.

Looking forward to getting back out.

By the way... a ways off the road this time :)

If we don’t have a bad day every once in a while, we wouldn’t appreciate the good ones.

Good luck to you too!

15-Nov-20
Fun day in the stand. 7 bucks and 2 does. Had a buck come by ever hour to hour and a half all day until 2:45pm then everything was quiet after that. To be expected as I was just down wind of a draw that leads to bedding. Deer work into this bedding area through the draw and filter out through the CRP back to the ag field in the evening. No shooters but for me that’s not what it’s all about. Defiantly a day I’ll reflect upon while working on habitat improvements right after season. When you can direct the flow of traffic and get deer to step into a 4’ circle... Nothing better IMO.

15-Nov-20

10’ up in 2/3 of a ladder stand. Artificial Xmas trees work well..
10’ up in 2/3 of a ladder stand. Artificial Xmas trees work well..
Little dink 9yards in the shooting hole.
Little dink 9yards in the shooting hole.
Another dink 13 yards at the mock scrape.
Another dink 13 yards at the mock scrape.

15-Nov-20
If I don’t shoot one by Thanksgiving I’m inclined to pull the recurve out and shoot a younger deer out of this set. It would be a great stand to do so.

01-Dec-20

Well, went out to try and fill a doe tag before “pumpkin season”. Saw 17 deer in total. They piled into the cut bean field from 4:15pm on. Took a picture of the first buck that came out then I put my phone away. Saw 1 shooter buck (I’m already tagged out) I sure hope makes it to next year. He was with 2 does about 100 yards WSW of me. The rest of the deer where scattered about 20 yards out from the timber along 150 yards swath with the closest being the buck pictured. At one point I though him and another buck about the same size where gonna square off. It was a great end to the low/no pressure season!

11 months to go and the seeking phase should be kicking in. Time to start planning!!!

Next year will be the first to attempt self filming. Looking forward to the challenge!!!

• Sitka Gear