Rut Nut 20-Nov-20
Supernaut 20-Nov-20
Rut Nut 20-Nov-20
horsethief51 20-Nov-20
Rut Nut 20-Nov-20
horsethief51 20-Nov-20
Rut Nut 20-Nov-20
14-Nov-20
After all the years I have been involved with the UBP it was really an honor and kind of neat to get to start this thread. Thanks to all of the past board members, officers, county reps and members who helped attain this goal. I am pretty sure that I joined back in the 90's after we got week 5.

And we archery season hunters make history tomorrow with the beginning of Sunday big game hunting in PA. I know the weather is not going to be great across the state but we should all be able to get out at least part of the day depending on when it starts and stops raining.

I have 4 good friends in camp this weekend that were out bright and early this morning waiting for the sun to rise. Good luck where ever you are. Hope the bucks in your woods are getting careless. Above all shoot straight!

14-Nov-20
Three cheers for week 7!

15-Nov-20
YES! A BIG thanks to all those who made week 7 and the FIRST Sunday a REALITY! : )

15-Nov-20
A beautiful gray day in PA! Can’t wait to get finished with work and get to the woods. Anyone have any action this morning?

15-Nov-20

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
Cody got this one at 6:45am on the first legal Sunday to hunt in PA

15-Nov-20
Congrats on the doe kill, would be cool if you were the first harvest with a bow on the first Sunday to hunt in pa.

16-Nov-20

4406v's embedded Photo
4406v's embedded Photo
I was really looking forward to hunting Sunday for the first time in Pa. But I shot this buck Saturday morning ending my season since I've already killed 3 does filling my tags. I'm not sorry and after seeing the cold windy rainy day yesterday I was glad.

16-Nov-20
Way to go guys. I saw one deer in the AM today, a certain button buck that napped near Ruts tree once. And a doe this afternoon.

Pretty cool bowhunter's crescent moon this evening.

17-Nov-20
Congrats to Cody on one of the first Sunday kills and to Ron on a nice buck!

17-Nov-20

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Bowbender's embedded Photo
Saw this guy this morning. Home by 9:30am. Was a really tough season and almost didn't go out this morning. Almost.

17-Nov-20
Good choice Tom, way to go.

All I see is a blizzard outside right now. 30 degrees and 20 mile per winds.

18-Nov-20
Nice buck Tom- way to hang in there!

18-Nov-20
Deer were in the field and my front yard this evening.

19-Nov-20
Congrats to all on the great deer!

I'm hoping to make it out after work Friday and all day Saturday. Still trying to get a legal buck in recurve range but a day in the woods beats a day at work anytime!

19-Nov-20
Jim- not trying to be a smart@$$ here but I hope you are hunting in 2B, 5C or 5D.......................because Archery deer closes on Friday in the rest of the state!

19-Nov-20
Its bear season here on Saturday. LOL.

19-Nov-20
About 10 minutes before quitting time we had a small buck at 50 yards in the food plot. He slowly walked away from us so I took a peek out of the back window into the big field and saw a deer I could not identify. I opened the door and lay my gear bag and seat cushion outside to get ready to leave. When I turned around a buck walked thru the sunken road bed windrow beside us then turned into the food plot and stopped broadside at 15 yards. We could see a very white 3 up on the right side but too late by now to shoot. He walked around for a minute then headed back thru the windrow. We could see 2 more deer standing in the cut sorghum field. We were starting to exit the blind and I heard a deer walking on the leaves heading for the opening. As dark as it was it was close enough to see a good set of antlers as the buck took off towards the rest of the deer. They were just all standing around waiting for him and they just kind of wondered off. Neat. What a sunset!

20-Nov-20
Sounds like a great evening, Art! Was Kathy with you?

20-Nov-20
Perry, yep 2B for me and I definitely didn't take it as you being a wise guy. Trust me, I have trouble keeping dates and times straight (just ask my wife LOL) but I never have trouble keeping the important dates like hunting season straight!

Art, sounds like you had a great day in the woods!

20-Nov-20
I know what you mean Jim! I had to really go over the regs this year, and still didn’t realize til a few days ago that in my area(3D) I can’t rifle hunt for does until 12/5................good thing I checked! ;-)

20-Nov-20
Perry, good luck on those does! I'll have my son out for rifle next Saturday and Sunday and how he does will determine my urgency to fill the freezer LOL. I'm still hoping to get a legal buck in recurve range over the next week and I always save a doe tag for my flintlock in second season.

Enjoy your time afield and stay safe!

20-Nov-20
Thanks Jim-you too! Good luck with the son!

20-Nov-20
Yes guys, looking for a repeat this afternoon. Maybe they will come out a few minutes earlier. By myself on the hill looking to fill a doe tag this morning. Saw our buddy the BB. Laid down for an hour 20 yards behind me after feeding on acorns. Something big snuck down along the lower bench right after daylight.

20-Nov-20
Hope Kathy gets a shot! : )

Well, I hope that button buck turns into a nice one in a couple years and keeps hanging out with us! ;-)

20-Nov-20
No shot tonight Perry but. We got a real good look at that buck. He followed a doe down the hill into the food plot at about 30 yards (with the fawn tagging along behind). But his rack looked different. With the help of my good binos I could now see that overnight his main beam was broken off just past the G-2, so now it looks like about a 2 foot long crooked spike with a brow tine. His left side was broken off at about 5 inches with about half of the brow time still there. So what we have now is a buck that looks to be at least 2.5 years old but illegal to shoot as a buck. He looks like a deer I got pictures of that was on my top 5 list as a high 7 point. Definitely has good genes. That was it.

20-Nov-20
Wow! Would like to see the buck that busted him up! ;-)

• Sitka Gear