Winded 21-Nov-20
paul@thefort 21-Nov-20
Orion 21-Nov-20
paul@thefort 21-Nov-20
Orion 21-Nov-20
paul@thefort 21-Nov-20
Surfbow 23-Nov-20
18-Nov-20
1. Wolves should not be reintroduced if they are already present in Colorado as determined by CPW 2. Repeal yes vote from 114

18-Nov-20
If we would get those on and separate ballot questions one of them should pass.

19-Nov-20
count me in and how to help...

19-Nov-20
I think it would need to be 2022, not every type of issue is allowed in odd years.

Requires having it written correctly, a few months with the State for review, changes and approval, then gathering around 200,000 signatures to ensure you get at least 126,000ish valid signatures.

The antis, pro wolfers and lots of other groups pay an agency to gather the signatures. Basically, with enough $$, you can get all sorts of stuff on the ballot.

19-Nov-20
I was looking at the odd year number rules today and seemed like more wolf measures would be ok.

19-Nov-20
Could be. The pro wolfers started 19 months before the election and likely had substantial funding lined up already.

20-Nov-20
So what your saying is putting it on the ballot for next year is probably not realistic.

20-Nov-20
My two cents. Lots of guys say let's put this back on the ballot and that very well could work (if it's worded correctly), but there is a HELL of a lot of work involved to get that done. Someone is going to have to invest an incredible amount of time to get that done. Most of us here probably have a job and family outside of work that make that an unrealistic proposition.

20-Nov-20
You would think the Colorado guides association or the cattlemen's association would be jumping right on putting this right back on the ballot since it directly affects their jobs

20-Nov-20
What's interesting is it seems like churches have no problem putting an anti-abortion proposition on the ballot every single election.

20-Nov-20
Churches have a lot of money to hire signature-gatherers. So did the pro-wolf people. Hunters will spend $200 on a pair of Sitka underpants but not $30 to join the Colorado Bowhunters Association. The rest of hunters in this state are disorganized. And after what happened with our donations to Stop The Wolf, many will be hesitant to give money to another related group.

20-Nov-20
About $300 to $400,000 to collect 200,000 signatures unless hunters all over Colorado were willing to give up 8 hours of their time.

20-Nov-20
Hunters need a billionaire benefactor like Tim Ferris.

21-Nov-20
Have you taken a stroll through downtown Denver lately. The pros out weigh the hunters. To bad we couldn't recruit the NR's vote.

21-Nov-20
Lou, I know you suggested Mr. Ferris, with 'tongue in cheek'. Oh yea, Tim Ferris, the same Tim Ferris that donated $100,000 to the prowolf cause for the wolf reintroduction into Colorado, and then challenged his blog follows to do the same, which most did. Actually NRA was contacted and they encouraged their Colorado members to vote against the ballot. NRA also supplies some legal services.

21-Nov-20
Paul how much did sci, rmef, mule deer foundation etc. Actually do?

21-Nov-20
Ryan, You need to go to their website and investigate their involvement ie, communications to their memberships and any $$ donations they might have made. I know that Colorado SCI and RMEF donated money and communicated with its membership why the forced introduction is a bad idea.. Not sure about the mule deer foundation but would expect they were on board also. I do know that CBA donated $10500 and the Traditional Bow Society donated $5000.

21-Nov-20
Yeah I saw their contributions. Didn't see anything from MDF. It seemed though that non of these guys worked together it wasnt coordinated in any sense that I saw.

21-Nov-20
Actually it was but the uneducated, emotional voter out numbered us.

23-Nov-20
Seems like pronghorn21 should lead the next charge, if he has this much time to post on his own thread he may have the time to fight the wolf vote??

• Sitka Gear