midmichigan10 19-Nov-20
Trebarker 19-Nov-20
Bowman 19-Nov-20
Kansan 20-Nov-20
keepemsharp 20-Nov-20
NCK 20-Nov-20
Duck 26-Nov-20
19-Nov-20
I just spent 6 days hunting family land in Washington and Marshall counties. There are very few deer and the sign is almost none existent. Was there an EHD kill off? Or is it just me? I follow Sito and Treebarker and it seems they are seeing plenty but they are in the south. Anyone in that area let me know.

19-Nov-20
We hunted Marshall and Pott county this year. It was really feast or famine. We hunted for 10 days. We were very successful, but it was either "on" or "off". We would go from seeing zero activity in the evenings to seeing crazy movement in the mornings.

I attribute most of it to the cooler mornings and the fact that MOST bucks were on a couple does. So they were probably on the neighbor's property with a hot doe when we weren't seeing anything.

All in all, we brought home 3 bucks for 5 hunters. We didn't find one or we would have went 4 for 5. It would have been the best we ever did.

I will say that the size of the bucks is smaller than years past and there are few does to be had. We didn't have a single "giant" on camera but we had a lot of 2.5-4.5 year olds.

Just our experience from Nov. 6th - November 16th.

19-Nov-20
NCK- How many acres of family land? How many people hunt it and the land around it? What kind of habitat are the acres, farmland, pastures or timbered areas?

19-Nov-20
I have ground in sothern Washington county. Plenty of deer but dont have anything really good on camera. As far as EHD, havent seen or heard of any in the area since 2011 and 2012. We had good rains all summer long up until this last month so havent expected to see any EHD either.

20-Nov-20
I don’t hunt that area, but drive through it frequently. I’ve never thought that the deer population was any lower there, compared to other areas. I drove through Marshall County just after dusk last night, and had to stop several times for deer. One of the biggest bucks I have ever seen was in Marshall County.

20-Nov-20
Few does, small bucks and you shoot four for five. Maybe that's part of the problem.

20-Nov-20
Trebarker.....I can hunt three 160 acre pieces with in a 4 mile area and the home base is 700ish. It consists of pasture, crop, timber, and river bottom. Other people are allowed to hunt there but not to bad. I have hunted it for the last 10 years and the sign was non existence compared to years before. One night I watched an ag field were I could see 10 to 15 deer in the past. 1 doe came out. Something changed.

26-Nov-20
At the end of the day deer hate pressure. It doesn't take long to push deer to another bedding area. And in kansas that can be miles away. What days were you hunting.

• Sitka Gear