awh302 24-Nov-20
loose arrow 26-Nov-20
loose arrow 30-Dec-20
Highlife 31-Dec-20
loose arrow 27-Dec-21
Hot Hap 31-Dec-21
loose arrow 03-Jan-22
24-Nov-20
Any helpful info for Carlyle Lake? I am not looking for secrets, just helpful info since I have not hunted there before. Either this place or Kaskaskia, not real confident about Kaskaskia, unless someone can convince me otherwise. Have a ______ Thanksgiving!

24-Nov-20
I own a farm about 15 minutes from Carlyle Lake. All I know is some of the locals say it’s decent as is the duck hunting but that’s coming from guys who’ve hunted there for a while.

26-Nov-20
Thanks, I will check it out this weekend.

30-Dec-20
I had a few deer come in close enough to get spooked by me in my ghillie suit! They all took off in another direction with blowing. Nice to at least see deer while hunting public land. I was sitting so still that I get drowsy, I opened my eyes and saw a doe bobbing her head in my direction, she was pointing straight on so much that in the low light I thought it was a pig! She bobbed a few more times and walked behind some trees, I drew and let down when I realized she was going the opposite direction, that is when the others took off. Sure would have been nice to kill one but I am happy to have these kind of encounters. I hope to go out a few more times. Happy New Year!

31-Dec-20
You to. Sounds like you had a good time regardless of the outcome.

27-Dec-21
Planning an outing to Carlyle Lake again soon, anyone been there lately? Not looking for secrets, just looking for input on anything special I may need to know before I head out there. Thank you

31-Dec-21
All I can say is this time don't snore

Hap

03-Jan-22
Thanks Hap, I will keep that in mind!

Had two guys walk in with carrying their little dog, they saw me as they walked in the direction that the deer came from last time. I didn't see anything at all.

• Sitka Gear