horsethief51 28-Nov-20
rust4brains 29-Nov-20
bill v 29-Nov-20
Teeton 30-Nov-20
Rut Nut 01-Dec-20
27-Nov-20

rust4brains's embedded Photo
I know that I don't post much anymore, mainly because I use my phone, not my laptop.

This year was a little crazy for me. I had two bucks on camera that were really nice, well, on the 10th I managed to get an arrow into the largest buck I had on camera. To be honest, it rattled me and I made probably the second worst shot of my life on it. We played it smart, backed out, found in about 125 yards from where I shot him. He's a mainframe 10 with a legal point sticking out of the left base. I still consider him a 10 point.

I got a call the day after this from a fellow veteran about an opportunity to hunt Sika deer the following weekend near Cambridge, Md. Not knowing what to expect, it was a pleasant surprise to find out they were rutting. Hearing the stags bugling was super cool. My first morning was screwed up by a stag under the stand I was going to hunt. That night I saw a hind at 3 yards, was allowed to shoot, but thought she was too young. I was wrong. The next morning I was able to get into my stand and was able to connect on a nice 6 point. I shot it with the same arrow as my 10 point, though I switched out broadheads.

To say that I had an awesome couple days is an understatement. Getting to hunt Sika was really something, glad I got that one checked off the list.

I hope that everyone is doing as well as possible.

Pat

27-Nov-20

27-Nov-20

27-Nov-20

27-Nov-20
Nice, I'm hoping next year to get back down hunting them little elk. Fun hunt. Very nice whitetail. Ed

28-Nov-20
Way to go Pat.

29-Nov-20
Thanks, Art and Ed. Ed it was a fun hunt, hopefully, I'll be able to get back down there sooner rather than later.

29-Nov-20
Nice Rust. Congrats man

30-Nov-20
Only hunt them (sika) once with Bill V. I didn't get one or see one, but heard them whistle a ton and that made it fun. A friend from Nj asked me twice to go down, but with elk hunting and time off from work hunting whitetail I just could not make it. The next two years I'm thinking of taking off from my annual 2 week elk hunts to save a little cash for a diy moose hunt up in Alaska in 2023, which will still cost about 10K. So thinking of taking my friend up on hunting sika next year if he going. I can almost do two week long sika hunts for almost the cost of just a elk tag. Ed

01-Dec-20
That's COOL Pat! I would like to hunt them some day................................

• Sitka Gear