Tradnut 06-Dec-20
Chief 06-Dec-20
Chief 04-Feb-21
Catscratch 04-Feb-21
writer 04-Feb-21
04-Dec-20

Chief 's embedded Photo
Chief 's embedded Photo
Old Chief say, Eagle fly over Tee Pee, have good luck!

04-Dec-20

Chief 's embedded Photo
Chief 's embedded Photo

04-Dec-20

Chief 's embedded Photo
Chief 's embedded Photo

04-Dec-20

Chief 's embedded Photo
Chief 's embedded Photo

04-Dec-20

Chief 's embedded Photo
Chief 's embedded Photo

04-Dec-20

Chief 's embedded Photo
Chief 's embedded Photo

04-Dec-20
Had him on the edge of the yard yesterday, eating on some rabbit guts I threw out. About 150 feet away, went to get camera, when I got back to the patio door there were 6 crows harassing him and he flew off before I could get pics. Assume bird.

04-Dec-20
They are so cool to see and so hard to get pictures of! I'm betting he/she comes back ;?)

04-Dec-20
Really surprised one hasn't visited the camera I have set on the doe. A juvenile flew through there the first time I sat in that area and flew overhead the other night. Quite a few of them around anymore. It's still a awesome sight to see.

04-Dec-20
I have the camera handy and ready to go, hoping for a 3rd visit.

04-Dec-20

Thornton's embedded Photo
I visited your favorite spot this afternoon Chief

04-Dec-20

04-Dec-20

04-Dec-20
Yup, you sure did. It's quite the stalk distance to get there, but it was my favorite to see the big'uns. Did you hear the children playing? Looks kind of barren, someone clear out some trees?

04-Dec-20
No, I could hear the hum of 54 about 8 miles north but other than that, It's dead quiet down there. Reminds me of a canyon I hunt in Colorado where we've found an indian trail with an obsidian arrowhead. Spooky quiet. It's actually grown up thicker and there are several new deer stands at your spot now and all the deer beds are above the oaks on the west side of the ravine about 500 yards south. Didn't you tell me once you spent the night in that old foundation and you heard music and weird noises?

05-Dec-20
Well, yes and no, I took my sleeping bag with the intentions of spending the night. I had seen a very huge rack but small body the day before, so I got this insane idea to sleep there all night as my tree was only a few yards away from the old homestead. As you know it is almost impossible to get to without being made on the way in. I made it until about 9, and it was so eerie dead quiet I could hear a mouse fart at 30 yards. I got to hearing children laughing and weird sounding music, that done it for me. I swear to this day it was kids playing and laughing. I started singing and talking to myself loudly as I vamoused the hell out of their. I got back to the camp and they all had a good laugh about it, they all figured I'd be back. I always wondered why a rock home site would be built in that spot, nothing there. But I guess probably 1880's or so there wasn't the brush and trees as now, and never could find a water well. Maybe they thought they could see them damn raiding injuns coming down the hills. :)

05-Dec-20
That would have been interesting to hear. It looks like the land manager pushed up a pile of rocks a little bit NW of there with a skid steer. Not sure if it was the homesite or not. A big ranch I used to lease in Elk County had a similar set up. The rock cabin was in the bottom of a ravine miles from any road with 2, hand dug wells out front. The corners facing out had perfectly chiseled shooting slots to fend off indians.

05-Dec-20
Where I live they are thick as thieves!! I see them daily, they are pretty and I found they are more likely to scavenge than hunt!! Shawn

05-Dec-20
Maybe that's why the immigration went West from the East coast?

06-Dec-20
I have a nesting pair in my hunting area. I hear them cackling about every sit and see them flying over. Never get tired of seeing ‘Merica while hunting.

06-Dec-20
Chief, my brother pointed that one out to me the other day. He was perched in a tree directly between your house and his. I put my daughters deer carcas in the pasture behind my house, maybe he will pay me a visit.

06-Dec-20
hope he does and you get some pictures.

04-Feb-21
How do I spell awesome? Assume :)

04-Feb-21
Eagles are awfully cool to watch, and those old home sites are just neat as can be! Love to explore ruins, try to figure out how they lived and why they were there, look for old tools, etc. The idea of what this land WAS like and how people had to live to survive is almost incomprehensible. Cool stuff!

04-Feb-21
Same scratch, the pride in the last nail, happiness of weddings snd birth...and the sad telegrams that came up the lane during the wars.

• Sitka Gear