Ironbow 07-Dec-20
Chief 07-Dec-20
Wally 10-Dec-20
writer 10-Dec-20
sitO 10-Dec-20
be still 11-Dec-20
Chief 11-Dec-20
05-Dec-20
I've used several types of lighted nocks over the years, mainly to see my shot but also for video purposes. Right now I have some "Nocturnal's" on a few of my arrows.

When I was in Western KS hunting muleys, the 14th & 15th on Nov, I had one that kept lighting up every time I nocked the arrow. I pulled the arrow off and fixed it a couple times but finally gave up and left it "lit up".

That thing is still giving off light, not bright but I think you could still see it in short grass or a drilled field. I guess I just can't believe it's still going after almost 3wks?

Anyone else had similar results or opposite?

05-Dec-20
Just put some on a few of my arrows yesterday, some that have been in my office for years after winning them at the KBA banquet and not being able to use them because I was still shooting aluminum arrows up until last season. The package said they will stay lit up for about 40hrs, you must have gotten a super cell battery with yours.

05-Dec-20
I have never used them but that’s crazy for lasting that long. If I was you though that would be the nock I would use first. With the heart that nock has not to give up it deserves something. Sounds like it has bonded with your spirit.

05-Dec-20
That made me L...not LOL...but definitely L

05-Dec-20
I’ve had them last 24 plus hours after a pass through on a turkey.

05-Dec-20
The one I spot threw last year’s buck was still lit 4-5 days later. The nock was jammed and I couldn’t turn it off. Not sure how much longer it lasted.

05-Dec-20
I have a lumenock on a practice arrow in my shed. It has been lit for almost 3 weeks. Its been very,very dim for the last 10 days or so. I have found them still lit and pretty bright 6=8 days after the shot. Shawn

05-Dec-20
I have used Nocturnal for a number of years on carbons because they proved to be the most reliable for me. I have read of a couple of guys having trouble with them continually light up with light contact on the string. I have never experienced that myself. My newest nocks are 3 pr 4 years old and only use for deer hunting, maybe 2 or 3 shots a season. I have never left on on for more than 1 or 2 hours before finding and shutting off. Before next season I check them to make sure battery is still good before putting back in my hunting quiver, if they appear weak they go in the trash. So can’t vouch for how long they will actually stay lite on a continuous period.

As far as coming on while just being nocked or sitting on the string, maybe their quality control has slipped on newer nocks? Not saying it has, but always a possibility.

05-Dec-20
The strobing nock I shot my elk with broke when he fell on it, but it kept flashing for right at 10 days. I was REALLY impressed!

06-Dec-20
You can always make your own.

06-Dec-20
I had the exact same thing happen this year with on a nocturnal. Ditched it and the others have been fine.

07-Dec-20
I shot a buck on 11/17 and retired the nock, it was still lit last night, dim but still lit. Nockturnal as well.

07-Dec-20
Mine is still glowing? Crazy ain't it

07-Dec-20
“Dim, but still lit” describes many of us as the hunting seasons roll on.

07-Dec-20
I shot last years nocturnal with a practice broadhead and could not get it to tun off, it sat in the basement for over a week still bright. I sold a bunch of archery stuff that week and shipped it with other stuff to a guy and he said it was still lite when he opened the box.

07-Dec-20
Curious, what's your opinion on lighted nocks Dale ;?)

07-Dec-20
Friend of mine dropped a Nockturnal at my house in the driveway after his arrow broke. It got smashed down into the gravel and we forgot about it. Two months later I was outside after dark and saw something in the gravel. Dug it up and it was still lit. Very dim, but glowing enough I saw it.

07-Dec-20
Bah Hum bug Kyle. I have used reflective tape around my arrows, so maybe I could see it, if I had to flashlight for one in the dark. What is the perceived purpose of lighted knocks? I really never had any trouble seeing how bad my shots were. :( Those come on the scene way later in my bow hunting adventures. Probably would not have used them. I'm to cheap! I can see the usefulness of them when recording the shots.

10-Dec-20
Wow, that's awesome.

10-Dec-20
Ironbow....you talking about that smashed lighted nock or Kyle?

10-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
That hurt my feelers Mike, I'm in the backyard making things "glow"

11-Dec-20
Does anybody see that face in the fire? It’s a man turned sideways...the glow in the middle is his nose, the glow below that is his mouth, and the glow on the top is his headlamp. He’s got a goatee too at the bottom.

11-Dec-20
You been breathing to much smoke? I mean not from this fire either!

• Sitka Gear