MDW 30-Aug-21
Thornton 31-Aug-21
MDW 31-Aug-21
ksq232 31-Aug-21
07-Dec-20

crestedbutte's embedded Photo

07-Dec-20
I looked like before the mask. I hate to see what I look like when it's all over

07-Dec-20
Same here. My ears are already big... and that man appears to have lost weight. I have not evolved in that general direction....

17-Dec-20
Was notified this morning that the man who taught me how to effectively hunt pheasants with just the two of us, no dogs, no blockers, had passed away overnight due to Covid. His son that I went to high school and played football with is on oxygen for the same but is recovering. His wife and youngest daughter have had it as well, both recovered with no issues nor obvious symptoms when tested and confirmed positive. Marvin had self isolated in his home to avoid it due to his age and pre-existing medical issues. Unfortunately, it is likely the family brought it to him when caring for him and bringing him food.

17-Dec-20
Its a real crime what the ChiComs have done to us without firing a shot. We have heard of biological warfare for a long time, here it is?

18-Dec-20

From earlier stories I have heard....this might not be too far from the truth?

18-Dec-20

writer's Link
Funny....or not.

Still waiting for Bodyman to explain his "it'll be gone the day after the election."

A friend's daughter is on her 41st straight day of a high fever. No clue who spit in the back of her throat. Should be in a hospital but she can't leave two special-needs kids, who also have it but are improving. 41-year-old cousin had it in late-October and she still has some pretty serious short-term memory problems and is now to where she can walk a quarter-mile.

Today's Facebook pop-up was from five years ago, last anniversary dinner we had with some old friends. He died four days later, in the nursing home, of the cancer we'd fought for five years. (I never missed an oncology appointment with him over a five-year span) I stayed behind as my family traveled to be with him when he died on Christmas Eve.

If it were now, he'd have had to die alone instead of with family and friends. I promised him I'd watch out fo this wife. She's 97, in a home for the fourth year...and I haven't seen her since March and I'm the closest thing she has for family.

We put in three weeks of 16-22 hour days when my dad was leaving in 1997. Great closure for all involved, especially him. Can't imagine the pain of not being with someone you love, as they take their last breaths.

Yep, whole thing was dreamed up by the liberals to make Trump look bad...didn't know American liberals controlled Germany, too.

18-Dec-20
Mike,

There was a great opinion piece recently in the WSJ discussing the hardship on all involved when a loved one dies alone. Really tough for sure!

At some point our country must come together. The hatred is the worst in my lifetime. Trump could have done better early on, but those wanting to destroy the lives of small business owners seem out of touch to me as well. Glad I am not one that is charged with making these tough calls!

I feel for our medical folks like Jason who are exhausted mentally, physically and no doubt emotionally. Glad these front line people will receive the vaccine first. Risking their health and life daily has to make them numb after some time in the thick of it all. Thanks to all of them!

18-Dec-20
Writer shut the hell up. So tired of you posting nonstop about its just the flu or it will go away after the election. We get it you are super smart and predicted how dangerous this was back in March. Good grief after 30 posts barging about it let it go dumb ass.

18-Dec-20
Habitat, I agree. Our country must come together. The problem is the most divisive side of politicians don’t realize they’re the biggest problem

18-Dec-20
Writer, liberals didn’t dream it up, they used it. “Never let a crisis go to waste.” Without Covid, Trump would have won easily. We may never know the truth of where this virus began; was it foisted upon the world to create chaos and bring about global change and effectively destroy capitalism? Who knows? People are dying, businesses are failing, and the media will continue to blame Trump and praise Joe.

If/when people continue to die after January, how many members of the media will hold Joe to the same level of scrutiny as they did Trump? How many reporters will rudely interrupt the press secretary again and again? If you cannot see the way this pandemic was used this last year, you’re completely and totally blind.

Btw Habitat, many front liners will refuse the vaccine.

19-Dec-20
Don't get me wrong, I wear a mask. I also wear latex gloves and throw them away when I'm done. But give this some thought and watch people in the stores. They wear the masks as told, they breath into them concentrating their breath and any germs they may have in one damn damp spot, THEN, they constantly adjust the mask with their hands and get that vile, despicable, concentrated germ infested crap on their fingers and then they go and finger every chicken breast, carton of milk, clothes, get my point. Talk about a super spreader. I'll give the mask one point for effect as they do stop the snot blowing, spit spewing, lung'er launching sneezing that goes along with respiratory ailment.

19-Dec-20
Most of my boy’s basketball games this year after they have fouled, taken charges, hand checks on defense, boxed out, helped each off the floor, pretty much body contact all through out the game and then at the game instead of getting in line and shake hands they stand there and wave at each other and yell out good game. Whoever came up with that idea wins first prize for ignorance and loss of common sense. Finally the other team last night came on through and made us fist bump them after we beat them....it was good to see some sportsmanship at the end.

19-Dec-20
So we're back to not seeing many covid patients where I work. We had a run of them back in Oct early Nov. when I went to Idaho and Colorado. It was pretty full here in ER for 2 weeks after I got back. They still trickle in. We had 1 this morning. I still haven't seen hardly any critical patients where I work, but I've noticed Wichitans come to ER for the slightest problem. If the patient condition declines, it's often after they are admitted to ICU. Other states with different ethnic groups are experiencing the exact opposite where people stay home til it's too late. The respiratory therapist that's doing a breathing treatment on my patient right now, said Main campus is pretty full on the covid floor. There are currently 12 respiratory therapists out with covid. He also went on to say the giant oxygen tank outside has to be filled every 30 days now. Usually it has to be filled every 100 days.

28-Dec-20
I tested positive last Sunday. Mostly fatigue and sinus issues until Christmas Eve. Now I have a headache probably 80% of the time accompanied by some dizziness (sensitivity to noise and light). Been doing some research and the headache issues can last for months! I wear a mask as recommended but the result was still a positive. I’m sure some folks don’t want to hear it...I think the vast majority of folks will come down with it at some point (excluding those who are successfully vaccinated). :(

28-Dec-20
Only have 8 patients in ER right now and 3 are covid. A few days ago when I worked, we got a couple covid positive patients from Wellington.

29-Dec-20
Had an early 80's covid + patient crash on us shortly after EMS brought him in today. Came from a nursing home and ended up on Bi-pap and meds to bring up blood pressure right after arriving.

30-Dec-20
Top scientists recommend Ivermectin for Covid

This probably the most serious plea for the authorities I have heard since this virus broke out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8SXOBy-4w&feature=youtu.be

It appears the guy is right on the money – this pre-existing drug knocks Covid flat on its ass!

30-Dec-20
I've been telling everyone with early covid to try it since August. All reports indicate it has promise but most U.S. doctors won't give it due to lack of proven clinical trials. I took it for the 2nd time, 2 weeks ago when I got real sick. My body aches decreased by half within 6 hours of taking it. I was well in 36 hours.

31-Dec-20
Jason - so you think you've had Covid, twice?

Is Ivermectin used on people for other ailments? If so, it would be interesting to compare injection costs between humans and livestock. The anti-venom for my dog was $600. For my cousin, $41,000.

My cousin who was diagnosed around Oct. 25 still has cognitive issues but has mostly recovered breathing issues. A friend's daughter has had close to 50-straight days with fever.

Still, the two friends who had the easiest time with Covid were 82 and 80 years old (married). The wife was fresh out of fairly aggressive chemo. Strange virus.

KS- I've never refuted what you stated. It's the gross exaggerations and conspiracy theories that bother me. Not a fan of some of what Trump's does, but to say he didn't do enough as per Covid is not true. (A common campaign theme.) To say the same about the legislators who wasted so much time with infighting on lost causes (impeachment) would be a different matter. The race issue played into the election, too. Again, false accusations.

31-Dec-20
Writer- the first time I took it was simply because I had been exposed to some significantly sick patients and I was eager to go on my NM antelope hunt. My symptoms were subtle and nothing to speak of. The 2nd time I took it, I was seriously ill and could barely get out of bed. Body aches like I'd been beaten with a bat that migrated into joint pain, headache, and bilateral kidney pain. I slept constantly, all day and all night due to the weakness and fatigue. I was back deer hunting within 48 hours. Lots of promise from ivermectin since they discovered it stops viral replication. Unfortunately, most US physicians will not even try it due to lack of proven US clinical trials. Other countries are reporting over 35% improvement in patient treatment compared to the 15% in the hydroxychloroquin. There's still no rhyme or reason to who this kills. If 100 people get it, the one who dies might be 40 or he might be 80 years old. I will say for a fact , this virus is killing a whole lot of older people. Last I heard, it is 80 deaths per 100,000. Not sure if that is correct or not.

31-Dec-20
Actually that is not accurate for here at least. 266 deaths in Sedgwick County and I think the last census was over 400,000. All that being said, we are seeing quite a few cases now. It took 9 months for it to happen though.

01-Jan-21
Jason - is Ivermectin already used to treat human ailments?

01-Jan-21
The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel recommends against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19, except in a clinical trial.

Ivermectin is not approved for the treatment of any viral infection, including SARS-CoV-2 infection. The FDA issued a warning in April 2020 that ivermectin intended for use in animals should not be used to treat COVID-19 in humans.

I don’t think I would be willing to become my own clinical trial?

01-Jan-21

Thornton's embedded Photo
It's an anti parasitic. Crestedbutte, you'd take it if you were dying, and if you were smart, you'd take it before you got that bad. These experimental drugs don't work once you're in the ICU proned out on a vent. India and Australia have actually been using this drug coupled with doxycycline and having fairly good results

01-Jan-21

Here's for the guys too scared to take it *Crested Butte

01-Jan-21
Jason, I remember the description of your first shot of it... Intense pain summed it up if I recall correctly. How was the second treatment?

01-Jan-21
I drank it. Burned like bad whiskey. If I ever inject it again, I'm definitely numbing the area with lidocaine first..

02-Jan-21
I always thought that the GOOD whiskey burned, you know the good $15.00 a 1.75 liter stuff. Maybe Jason, give me a shot of Ivermectin and whiskey bar keep, just thinking.

02-Jan-21
Had a visit with a lady neighbor yesterday, she had gotten a notice that she would be able to get a covid vacine shot. She then asked her daughter & granddaughter, (both in health care field) about getting the shot. Both of them thought she should wait a while to see more test results. Are they aware of something we aren't?

02-Jan-21
They rushed the vaccine. One week it had too many adverse reactions, 2 weeks later they are saying it's 94 % effective. Hard to believe, considering the influenza vaccine was only 29% effective in 2018.

02-Jan-21
All I know is have been running a fever for four days. Going in soon if i dont get to feeling better

02-Jan-21
Matte- I work with a doctor that doesn't treat fever until it gets high. The fever is your body trying cook the pathogen. Your brain doesn't start to denature (cook) until it gets around 105 F. Too many people start tylenol and ibuprofen with a low grade temp and end up with the virus for a week or more. Lots of folks getting blood clots out of this deal so many are taking a baby aspirin a day and staying hydrated.

02-Jan-21
My daily ration includes a baby aspirin, vitamin d, vitamin c, multi-vitamin, and fish oil gel cap. I’ve been doing this for years for various reasons (I don’t take the vitamin d in the summer); hopefully it will help me stay virus free.

07-Jan-21
We have 31 residents

07-Jan-21
Sorry we have 31 residents with Covid right now. I am receiving the shot this morning at 11, although my doctors and I believe I am immune and have been tested to show I have some anti bodies present. It's been rough the last month as my daughter for it right around Christmas and I have been quarantined twice for 14 days for exposure. The first time was good as the rut was still on. I just hope they figure out a way to immunize more people faster. At the rate the country is going it will take over 240 days to vaccinate just those that want it!! Shawn

05-Jun-21
Fauci's Latest statement:https://www.foxnews.com/politics/stanford-epidemiologist-fauci-credibility-shot What I said from DAY 1, WRITER, and you ridiculed me.

Regarding masks: "It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you."

06-Jun-21
I was a huge Fauci supporter from day 1. Same with Cuomo, thought he was doing a top-notch job... at first.

Got into some pretty good arguments with my conservative friends(I’m pretty hard lined conservative myself). I was WAY wrong about him. He’s a self-serving snake. Cuomo is worse. Once I saw it, and commented on it, I lost a lot of liberal friends/family. Zero logic in supporting either one of those weasels, I don’t care what your political affiliation is.

I also don’t understand the fascination with “I’m right, you’re wrong”.

06-Jun-21
Fauci AND the CDC politically and financially motivated.......................

In my best Homer Simpson voice, DOH!

06-Jun-21
No clue how Cuomo isn't in prison. Lier, murderer, and sexual predator. I'm not a fan.

06-Jun-21
Don't you dare question Writer or HFW for that matter. Both have impeccable analysis skills!!! Willing to look at all sides unlike most of you Rednecks on this site. HFW commonly "breaks bread" with scientists and Writer has a relative in the medical profession;^)

Meanwhile 2 trillion plus is just now being injected into the economy to combat COVID....something nobody really cares about anymore unless you live in California;^).....We need more time to analyze the data to be sure......LOL

06-Jun-21
Has nothing to do with "I'm right, you're wrong" One Arrow. Writer has excellent knowledge on just about everything we talk about on here, and I respect that. I have often asked him about various topics and he is an excellent voice for wildlife here in KS. I've worked ER for 15 years, and have literally spent thousands of hours carrying out orders for over 100 different physicians in 5 ERS, 1 ICU, and 1 urgent care across the state. When multiple board certified physicians all state the same thing, I will often echo those same thoughts, especially when my experience and training mirror the same thing.

06-Jun-21
Wait wait what

Over 600,000 Americans died and he thinks masks help reduce the spread of the virus which is what he said from day 1

06-Jun-21
Thorton, this “breaking news” is still in its infancy and somewhat subject to interpretation... especially if you just read headlines.

I’ll continue to wait to see how it unfolds, but nothing surprises me with these clowns anymore and the continual cover-up/bias by the media.

As for the “I’m right, you’re wrong”... a simple PM to Mike acknowledging your butt hurt would have probably been a little more mature. I haven’t agreed with Mike on several things. Mike can take a digging, as we all can, and he doesn’t need or want anyone to fight his battles, but dang dude this seems juvenile. I enjoy reading your posts... Nothing personal, just an observation.

I’ve got family and friends in the medical field. I’ve asked my own doctor. Opinions vary and go to opposite extremes. I respected all of their opinions.

I don’t consider Fauci “brilliant” or even credible anymore... he flips and flops more than a bullhead on a pond dam. I was 110% wrong about him.

07-Jun-21
Fauci has turned out to be quite the leftist crook.

07-Jun-21
Large county in California over-inflated its Covid death numbers by a third. I'm betting they aren't alone...

https://www.facebook.com/UnbiasedAmerica/?__tn_[%2FI]=-UC%2CP-R

06-Aug-21

cherney12's Link

06-Aug-21

I've been seeing quite a resurgence in the last 2 weeks in Wichita. Had two guys, one 32 and one 19 that were pale, sweating bullets, and short of breath. No medical history other than being overweight. State Representative Larry Hibbard posted today he was vaccinated and still got covid.

06-Aug-21
When this all came out, covid tests were found to not differentiate between covid and covid 19. Covid has always been prevalent in livestock.

06-Aug-21
And there are several coronavirus vaccines for cattle with much debate to which is best (or actually works at all... they all claim their's is the best). Cattle get the runs with coronaviruses.

29-Aug-21
It's bad. I'm seeing multiple covid + patients daily now, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

29-Aug-21
Thorton, how severe is this strain (assuming Delta is what's causing the increase of patients you are seeing)? I've read and heard that Delta is more contagious but I have seen nothing about it causing more severe or less severe sickness than the original strain.

29-Aug-21
Thorton, how severe is this strain (assuming Delta is what's causing the increase of patients you are seeing)? I've read and heard that Delta is more contagious but I have seen nothing about it causing more severe or less severe sickness than the original strain.

Also curious about the most predominant age group you are seeing now?

29-Aug-21
Seeing a lot more young people this time around and a mix of everything else. During this entire thing I have yet to have anyone die in ER, but that could be because we either send them home or to the covid unit. Us healthcare folks aren't getting it much this year because most of us got it last year. Already having the virus is far better than the vaccine according to several physicians I work with.

29-Aug-21
Thanks for the reply Thornton. When you say young people are you seeing many in the under 30 age class make it to the hospital, or is it still mostly over 30-40 that are getting really sick?

29-Aug-21
I had a college friend that by all appearances was in great shape pass away from Covid 19 very end of July - he was 42 and a yr older than me - Left behind a 10 yo son. He died at home from what I know and was quarantining due to knowing and testing positive for Covid - I dont know if he was vax - but doubt he was from how I knew him in college --- we shared similar background and beliefs.

Anyways he's the only person Ive known personally that has passed from it - Also recently we had an employee test positive for covid - They are ok but they're cough sounded horrible when they first came down with it - they were vax as well back in March -- we all got the vax then as we're in a health care sort of business.

I dont know what to think anymore.

29-Aug-21
Last week, I had 3 males and 1 female ages 19-32 with no pertinent past medical history.

30-Aug-21
I have known more die or become very sick in last 2 weeks than the whole first wave.Don't think any of them were vaccinated. I damn sure am as treating patients and I want to live to see my grandchild.

30-Aug-21

cherney12's embedded Photo
cherney12's embedded Photo

30-Aug-21
Had it last Nov, have it again now but on the backend. Mild fatigue, muscle soreness, lots of mucas, moving on.

30-Aug-21
Still such an unusual and unpredictable disease.

I've lost three I've known. One, to be blunt, just needed a nudge, anyway. The other was elderly but in great health and should have had several more years. The other, a woman, probably could have kicked the crap out of many of us. She suffered for 2 1/2 months, almost all of it in a hospital, before she passed. Several times they thought they had it licked.

I'd mentioned the 40-year-old female who fought fevers for five months, and had to send her twins off because she couldn't care for them. Vaccination turned it around, though her road to recovery is long.

One of the biggest mysteries, and one seldom covered, is the plight of the "long haulers." I know at least six who've had life-changing effects from having had the virus. One, early 30s, hasn't been able to go back to engineering for 18 months because of brain fog. A mother of the same age will struggle to homeschool her two sons this year for the same reason.

Another thing is the pressure it's putting on mental health facilities. One prominent psychologist (wonder who that is?) said probably 70 percentage of those being treated have COVID issues of some sort. That includes an elderly patient who lost a spouse, many trying to deal with the very slow process of healing from "Long-haulers" issues. Imagine being someone already struggling with depression or anxieties when this has hit?

Our daughter stays in contact with past co-workers at the big med centers where she's worked in Chicago, San Francisco, Austin and So Cal. There are some real horror stories out there. Thankfully she's been mostly a stay-home mom the past nearly three years.

Several vaccinated friends have come down with very mild cases of Covid in the last two days. Most wouldn't know they had anything other than a bad cold, had they not been exposed and tested.

Funny, Chern. I'm just as confused. Do I listen to a daughter who was the top recruit from an incoming med school class at Northwestern University School of Medicine, and did a two-year post-doc at a U of Chicago fellowship that has a below one-percent acceptance....or guys not smart enough to help their six-graders with their math problems. (Which would include me.)

30-Aug-21
My wife is a school nurse and it's getting bad to be honest. I know a ton more that have it or have gotten it this round than the last round. And alot that have gotten it this round that were unvaccinated have been really bad. The ones I know that got it and were vaccinated (over 10 now) had very mild symptoms that went away after a day or two. I held out and was stubborn but I finally got scared enough I went and got my first shot last week. I was honestly torn for months on what to do but the second that needle left me I somehow felt a calm feeling and felt like I did what was right for me. We know Biochemists, Doctors etc and did our very very diligent research before we drew our own conclusions. Time will only tell if I did the right thing but I felt like I would hedge my bets in that direction and let the chips fall as they may.

30-Aug-21
I had covid last November and was not very sick but it completely took my energy. I got my vaccination in March and my body reacted pretty aggressively after the first shot but symptoms went away in about a week. After the second shot I did not feel right for about 3 months. My doctor told me that if she had been infected with covid she did not think she she would have gotten vaccinated. She did not think vaccination would have been needed.

30-Aug-21
I chose not to get it either Lee, since I had tested positive for the antibodies in April. The second variant seemed a bit worse than the first, but maybe I just don't remember the first as much.

I've been exposed to 500k if not 1mil or more people in the last two months, it found a way.

30-Aug-21
I am not a fan of the vaccination but I did get it because if teachers are quarantined now, we have to use our sick days. Last year the state covered our days when quarantined. If I would get quarantined a couple of times, there goes my sick leave. By getting the shot, they won't quarantine us when in close contact. Feel like the gov't and state of Kansas has forced us into getting vaxed.

30-Aug-21
Well, I got the vaccination back in April of this year, the shoulder I got the shot in was a little sore the next morning, but that was the extent of it. I don't mask up when going to town, but try to pay attention to who I'm around. I look back over my school years at all the vaccinations I got and think whats the big deal. The main thing I don't do is listen to every EXPERT on the television. OH and one other thing, I gargle daily with my best burbon, once, I even spit it out !

31-Aug-21
Writer- I work with ER physicians that I worked with 15 years ago that don't worry about the virus , and I work with some that gown up and wear 2 masks and goggles and preach the vaccine. Many do fine with the virus, others die. I've seen quite a few vaccinated show up in ER for treatment, and even more unvaccinated. I won't get the vaccine, but I won't tell people not to either. Seems like more hate coming from the vaxxers these days because they believe they are now completely immune which is simply not the case. Just signed a travel contract for an ER I used to work 70 miles away, and I wouldn't have if they made me take the vaccine. I already had mild covid, and the chances of me getting it again are slim to none.

31-Aug-21
After reading all of this thread yesterday, I went to a store and saw my first person wearing two masks. She appeared to be about 20 or so, no idea who she is!

31-Aug-21
My wife, a nurse, will most likely have to get the shots at some point. If she does, I’ll take the shots with her. I’m quite certain we both had covid in June, but neither of us was tested. We had the exact same symptoms my brother had last month and he tested positive. I’m also pretty sure we both had it a month before it went national last year.

• Sitka Gear