Arrow1 11-Dec-20
Ptron 11-Dec-20
Jaquomo 13-Dec-20
Ptron 13-Dec-20
Lexus423 14-Dec-20
Bandicooter 14-Dec-20
Ptron 16-Dec-20
08-Dec-20
Are there any rules to parking on the sides of highways/roads that pass thru public land? I am looking at several areas to hunt in BLM and National Forest and there are plenty of places to pull over and park.

08-Dec-20
Are there any rules to parking on the sides of highways/roads that pass thru public land? I am looking at several areas to hunt in BLM and National Forest and there are plenty of places to pull over and park.

08-Dec-20
Just get off the shoulder as far as possible. I used to elk hunt right off of I-70. State patrol stopped once while I was getting my equipment ready just to make sure everything was okay.

08-Dec-20
I still see trucks parked off I-70 every September, I'm real tempted to check some of those spots out during the summer. I've seen the same truck parked for a few days without any tickets or anything. Just get as far off the road as possible and probably don't leave anything valuable in there

09-Dec-20
If there is a no parking sign then don't. Otherwise just make sure you're safely off the roadway.

Both the National Forest and BLM do have rules for motor vehicle use on their lands so don't drive off the right of way until you've checked with the local NF or BLM office for their rules.

09-Dec-20
I also use to hunt off of I 70. No issue with it for me. The exception was one day I was parked just off the shoulder and it snowed. At some point a snow plow went by and threw a bunch of wet snow on my truck that went from wet to frozen and I could barely get my driver side door open.

10-Dec-20
If you're going to be leaving the vehicle parked there for multiple days, you can contact the closest CSP office and let them know make/model/lic. plate number of your vehicle and let them know what you are doing and the last possible date you'll be parked there. That will keep them from thinking the vehicle is abandoned and towing it. Used to do this when we hunted off Hwy 14 in the Poudre Canyon when we would pack in for several days.

11-Dec-20
I used to park on the side of I17 in arizona for javelina hunts. Apparently there you need to be careful and get far enough off the right of way. I was yelled at by a trooper for where I parked. Also, many times patrol tags a parked vehicle so they know it has been recorded. Some places that means a sticker on the window. Don't know what adhesive they use but they sure stick and are a pain to remove.

11-Dec-20
Ya Go park on I-70. You'll walk all day and see nothing!!!!

13-Dec-20
Sounds like Ptron has a couple honeyholes off I-70, lol!

13-Dec-20
Jaquomo!!!! I hate you!!!

14-Dec-20
Lol that’s the first thing I thought! He def has some spots up there lol

14-Dec-20
Years ago I hunted a state wildlife management area along I-25. The parking area had parking spaces marked off by railroad ties. The sign said the area was closed when the parking spaces were full. It was opening of dove season and folks were parked on the access road and the shoulder of I-25. We found a legal parking space open and ran into the game warden. The game warden had a wild eyed look and told us he had written all the tickets in his books and had resorting to taking license numbers of the illegally parked cars to mail them tickets. Point is, parking on the side of the road is fine unless you're accessing an area that says it ain't.

16-Dec-20
Used to be Productive!!!! Reality is up by the tunnel last 7+ years 15-20 hunters opening day in one bowl!!!! One year 5 bulls 320 plus were killed, two ethically kill shots. The other 3 found rotting from long range/ bad shot/ 100yd jockeys. The heard on one side was about 100+ now down to less than 50. The other was a bit bigger, but it has dropped in half or more. Gonna be a lot of Dogs, cats, and hikers in town being visited by Canadian Grey Wolves cause the elk are going fast.

• Sitka Gear