Kansan 10-Dec-20
TwoDogs@work 10-Dec-20
Thornton 17-Dec-20
Dale06 18-Dec-20
sitO 18-Dec-20
08-Dec-20

writer's embedded Photo
writer's embedded Photo
Guy who hunts the property south of us had this guy walk into a food plot a few days ago. He assures me it’s been on our side of the fence, too. He’s been in the area, east of Topeka, since late summer 2019.

08-Dec-20
That would get your ticker going, getting glimpses of that guy walking through the brush towards you in your deer stand!

08-Dec-20
I would fall out of the tree!

08-Dec-20
Man, didn’t know Fish and Game was stocking them, too

08-Dec-20
Pic didn’t come through well, besides being sideways. Has a nice drop tine.

08-Dec-20
You or him gonna buy a statewide elk permit and make a go at him or leave him be and hope no one else shoots him? Who knows maybe a small huntable herd established there someday?

08-Dec-20
I saw the drop, and we could start a "Go Elk Fund Me" campaign for your tag MP!

08-Dec-20
The elk permit would probably be cheaper than the corn bill if I’m going to compete with that neighbor. He said he won’t shoot the bull but isn’t happy unless he has every deer in the county. Now I know why our deer numbers have tanked, after going across the fence for a visit.

Guess the bull is kind of a celebrity with locals...they’ve named him, put food out for him., two little girls consider it “their elk.”

I better pass. I’ve already found better homes for my elk mounts, anyway.

08-Dec-20
The elk permit would probably be cheaper than the corn bill if I’m going to compete with that neighbor. He said he won’t shoot the bull but isn’t happy unless he has every deer in the county. Now I know why our deer numbers have tanked, after going across the fence for a visit.

Guess the bull is kind of a celebrity with locals...they’ve named him, put food out for him., two little girls consider it “their elk.”

I better pass. I’ve already found better homes for my elk mounts, anyway.

08-Dec-20

Thornton's embedded Photo
I posted a pic on my semi live thread a while back. My friend's hunting buddy owns one of the farm's he is frequenting.

09-Dec-20

kscowboy's embedded Photo
kscowboy's embedded Photo
Buddy in the area had this on his trail cam, Mike. Definitely the same bull back in mid-October.

09-Dec-20
There are a quite a few relatively small tracts of property in that area. Kind of surprised he didn’t end up in our soybean field. He must be be feeding in others to the south and east.

09-Dec-20
Any cows in the area?

09-Dec-20
Any cows in the area?

09-Dec-20
Any cows in the area?

09-Dec-20
Know of no other elk in the area, if that’s your question.

KDWPT shot an elk near a buddies ranch this week. It had an ear tag so needed to be tested.

10-Dec-20
Sure makes a guy wonder how many elk are actually wandering around in our state. It seems that there’s more and more sightings every year. More elk, or more trail cameras?

10-Dec-20
Elk are occasionally seen here in Chasse County. I have seen elk three times. It has been quite a few years since I saw one. One year in Turkey season I saw two cows. They were probably escapees/releases from an elk farm less than 10 miles away as they were wearing collars. Two other times I saw lone cows in another part of the county. There was a bull that was around for a couple of years North of Matfield Green. It would spend time hanging around cattle. One rancher told me that it was aggressive when he was feeding his cows during the winter. He had to shoot a shotgun into the ground in front of it a couple of times to get it to behave. His dropped antler was found in wheat field that spring.

17-Dec-20

Looks like he is getting popular. Hopefully this will keep him from getting shot.

18-Dec-20
I had a spike elk on my game cam in Ness county a couple years ago. Neighbor had a 5x5 on his camera during same time period.

18-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
September '06, Sharon KS

• Sitka Gear