Arrownoob 09-Dec-20
fran 10-Dec-20
Jebediah 10-Dec-20
hickstick 10-Dec-20
Jebediah 10-Dec-20
Will 10-Dec-20
hickstick 10-Dec-20
09-Dec-20
Has anyone used the jx3 hybrid saddle. Looking to add one for next year and came across it. Any recommendations for a saddle for a bigger guy. I’m 6’5 270lbs and don’t want the saddle to break when in the tree lol thanks

09-Dec-20
I’m not sure that JX-3 one is sturdier than the others, but it sure does look comfortable. I also suspect those other ones (tetherd, etc) can handle well north of 270.

09-Dec-20
Most are rated well over 300lbs. The kestrel flex seems good for big dudes (or anyone) and i think tetherd has a big guy saddle coming out (maybe out).

09-Dec-20
I am maybe 240, and the best way to describe my shape would be an egg standing on toothpicks. The tetherd one works fine for me, room to spare. I think I have the XL one.

09-Dec-20
Phantom is one size fits most. I heard jx3 was good just looks like one of those carnival rides

10-Dec-20
Jeb, sounds like your an all around guy. Nothing wrong with that! lol.

10-Dec-20
You got it Fran—well-rounded!

10-Dec-20
I'm not a fan of the JX3, just because it looks like a lot to deal with and the bridge seems like it would be in the way of my trad-bow shooting. I have never been in one, for what thats worth, but in my mind they are the 'tree lounge' of saddles. sure look comfortable for sitting but they look like they would hinder maneuverability.

10-Dec-20
I think the impact of potential reduced maneuverability in the JX3 would be proportional to how much maneuvering you do in a more minimalist saddle. For whatever reason, I don’t do any crazy stuff in my tethrd saddle, so there’s not much maneuvering that would be lost. Sorry to belabor my “egg” comment earlier, but it occurs to me that I really described humpty-dumpty.

10-Dec-20

Reading this, this is what hit me. Remembering this vid from DIYSportsman. They just look big to me, feels like it's working away from why I wanted the saddle - easy to move to and from the stand and in the stand.

10-Dec-20
yup Will...I just can't see the benefit of it other than comfort while you're in the tree.

• Sitka Gear