Wv hillbilly 14-Dec-20
Rickm 14-Dec-20
Pat Lefemine 15-Dec-20
Rickm 15-Dec-20
Zbone 15-Dec-20
Zbone 15-Dec-20
Zbone 28-Dec-20
13-Dec-20
I am not seeing any here, but I can't imagine all the does were bred. We have a ton of does here in Carroll.

13-Dec-20
I have not seen anything while hunting or camera......bucks seems to be back in bachelor groups and does are back to larger family units. I expect from here on out there may be a handful that come in but it will be very hit and miss.

13-Dec-20
Nice to have excessive does to fill the freezer, but saving mine for seed...8^)

13-Dec-20

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Frame from trail cam video this morning of doe fawn peeing in scrape (notice hanging rope overhead) and 3x2 checking her out...

14-Dec-20
I have not been out or looking at cameras. I will pull cards this week. I have not been factoring in the late rut into my hunting strategies for years. We have enough bucks that all does get breed when they come into heat. I would guess multiple times by multiple bucks. Some does do come into heat later, mostly fawns I think. I do not think that it is reliable enough to warrant hunting buck rut travel patterns. I focus on food to bedding/bedding to food this time of year.

14-Dec-20
Checking snares yesterday I found half a dozen scrapes that were recently worked. Found them on two different properties

14-Dec-20

Rickm's embedded Photo
Rickm's embedded Photo
This was not there a week ago

15-Dec-20
I’m showing chasing on my cams the last two nights. Nothing like November but it looks like there’s some action.

I’m also seeing more deer showing up in my 18 acres of standing beans. I wish there was no two-day gun season starting up this weekend. None of my A-team has shown up on cam yet.

I did have my #5 (b-team) buck show up last night about 5 minutes after shooting light was gone. He’s a 130” 4.5 year old 8-point. I’ve passed him 2x this year and I’m trying to hold out but it’s getting harder!! He’s a good buck to shoot but if my A-team bucks become regular in late season I’ll be kicking myself. First world problems.

15-Dec-20
Pat,

Dan told me many times that his secret was having time and one ore two chances a season. I will. Bet you $10.00 that those bucks will show up for lunch when the weather gets rough. Welcome to Ohio.

15-Dec-20

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Any 4-year old Ohio 4x4 buck that hasn't reached 130" needs culled...8^)

15-Dec-20

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
And old stagehorn spikers...8^)

28-Dec-20

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Watched rutting action yesterday morning Dec 27, multiple bucks fighting and chasing does in an open field...

Then pulled trail cam video today (frame attached) of a doe at 4:27 squatting and peeing down her hocks while rubbing them together similar to a buck over a scrape... While she was peeing and rubbing, her back legs were not actually touching the ground... Haven't ever seen a doe do that before...

• Sitka Gear